The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Best positioning on Underlurker

Hey all,

I swap to DPS on underlurker because our 7/10 group still can't kill it with 4 DPS, I always get more DPS than even our sniper who mainly AoEs the adds thanks largely to our excellent talents we can spec into as PT/Vanguard. I usually get around 4.3k DPS which is absolute crap compared to every single parse on parsely right now.

I usually stand between the first and second add and position myself so that I can "DPS" the boss during his channel by running in and out of the green zones behind the rocks. Is there a better place for me to stand to take better advantage of the close and personal damage?

My gear is optimized 192s w/ SB, and my APM with 1 alacrity piece is 47+ so I'm hoping it's not a gear/skill issue.

Thanks for your input.

Hey all,

I swap to DPS on underlurker because our 7/10 group still can't kill it with 4 DPS, I always get more DPS than even our sniper who mainly AoEs the adds thanks largely to our excellent talents we can spec into as PT/Vanguard. I usually get around 4.3k DPS which is absolute crap compared to every single parse on parsely right now.

I usually stand between the first and second add and position myself so that I can "DPS" the boss during his channel by running in and out of the green zones behind the rocks. Is there a better place for me to stand to take better advantage of the close and personal damage?

My gear is optimized 192s w/ SB, and my APM with 1 alacrity piece is 47+ so I'm hoping it's not a gear/skill issue.

Thanks for your input.

Its a gear issue - You're not in 198s + 204 mainhand, so don't expect to do as much damage as the guys who are. That and you're doing ~1k dps more than is needed when you have only 4 people and are trying to beat the enrage timer.

Edited by TACeMossie

If you wanna get higher dps the trick is keeping the bleeding on the boss while dpsing adds , then using pyroshield just before the 1st adds spawn so it should be up on next adds ,close and personal utility and then dpsing during storm using overrides , anyway this method is a bit risky and as kwerty said dps should be more than enough :)