Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

SH contest?

Mournblood

Bioware,

I believe this has already been suggested, but it bears mentioning again that you should hold a stronghold contest, by server, where players can enter their favorite stronghold for consideration. You could require a minimum stronghold prestige rating to enter to filter out the undecorated or sparsely decorated ones. Once all the qualified contestants have entered, your staff would then tour each of the strongholds to judge them based on whatever criteria you'd like, such as aesthetics, function, theme, and so on. The winner of each server could get a unique decoration and/or a unique stronghold title. This contest would promote your stronghold feature of the game as well as help drive sales for various decoration related micro-transactions. It would be a great opportunity to introduce new decorations and/or new stronghold features at the same time.

Thanks.

(If anyone else reading this likes the suggestion, details notwithstanding, please add your /signed to the thread.)

I am for them doing something to fix the prestige system in a way to get those junk collections off the first page. However, I am not so sure a contest would work, they would be heavily skewed by people with lots of friends voting for theirs, even if it is a junk collection. Instead of voting "up" for a unit which friends can jump in on, maybe voting "down" only.... Friends would not be able to help them.

Another possibility is, I would like to see decorations have a prestige value, where better, rarer ones have higher prestige. This will not resolve the issue of people placing stuff random and without thought though. Perhaps a combination of the two?

For example: (something similar to below)

Trophies and basic decos get 50

items that drop regularly get 75

rare drops get 100

CM non rares get 150

CM rares get 200

Also, does BW care or want to put time into this? That may be the biggest hurdle...

I'm nto fond of the prestige system as it caters to the unimaginative, but I would not want to cater towards those whose wallets are larger than their brains.

Cartel market items being max would just create a new problem, the wallet players would rule prestige, rather than people actually playing the game.

it won't fix the problem, just change from trophies everywhere to 400 luxury highseats.

I think your suggestion is based on your own wallet, rather than a wish to fix (2nd poster)

I'm nto fond of the prestige system as it caters to the unimaginative, but I would not want to cater towards those whose wallets are larger than their brains.

Cartel market items being max would just create a new problem, the wallet players would rule prestige, rather than people actually playing the game.

it won't fix the problem, just change from trophies everywhere to 400 luxury highseats.

I think your suggestion is based on your own wallet, rather than a wish to fix (2nd poster)

Well, it is an idea, I would have no issue making rare drops have the highest prestige. Trust me, I have nothing much in my wallet....

My first thought was also to motivate BW to get on board, and money flowing to them, creates that for a business whose primary goal is to make money.

I do not argue your point, but I have no perfect idea as of yet for an ideal system. The OP had a valid idea, I see issues with it, as you do with mine, but offered a counter to it... But he has an idea and it does have some merit.

The point of mine, was to make it so the real cheap and easily obtained stuff, does NOT carry the same weight (prestige points).

What is YOUR idea? Since coming down on mine without a counter idea, is unimaginative. ;)

Edited by Themanthatisi

Bioware,

I believe this has already been suggested, but it bears mentioning again that you should hold a stronghold contest, by server, where players can enter their favorite stronghold for consideration. Large guilds will just push themselves up by voting for each other You could require a minimum stronghold prestige rating to enter to filter out the undecorated or sparsely decorated ones. There are many beautiful strongholds that aren't at 100% Once all the qualified contestants have entered, your staff would then tour each of the strongholds to judge them based on whatever criteria you'd like, such as aesthetics, function, theme, and so on. The winner of each server could get a unique decoration and/or a unique stronghold title. This contest would promote your stronghold feature of the game as well as help drive sales for various decoration related micro-transactions. It would be a great opportunity to introduce new decorations and/or new stronghold features at the same time.

Thanks.

(If anyone else reading this likes the suggestion, details notwithstanding, please add your /signed to the thread.)

Answers in red.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.