Back in the game... Character stat query

Anasazi

Ok, i have looked at some guides to best character skill sets and rotation post 3.0. I keep seeing that the stat i want to increase is accuracy... And thats for everything. What happened to aim and such? None of my gear sais accuracy.

Ok, i have looked at some guides to best character skill sets and rotation post 3.0. I keep seeing that the stat i want to increase is accuracy... And thats for everything. What happened to aim and such? None of my gear sais accuracy.

It's an extra/secondary stat, like power and crit, etc.

You still want Aim or whatever your main stat is. I'm not a min-maxer, but I highly doubt you'll want nothing but accuracy. (I still hear a lot of people are investing in power, for a DPS at least)

Edited by Callaron

Those guides are focused on end-game. And they are already assuming you know that the main thing to focus on is your class primary stat, so it goes unmentioned.

It'll be on implants, earpieces, and augments, but not at the lower levels. And again, it is really for end-game optimization for Ops. You really don't have to worry about it much (if at all) for sub 50 PvE.

General rule for leveling is:

primary stat > endurance except for tanks where it is reversed

Power as the key secondary stat for DPS and heals

Tanks work on Defense, Absorb, Shield (others ignore these)

Healers don't worry about accuracy at all (healing always hits)

Accuracy is easy:

- after you hit level 33, buy Initiative Enhancements via comms - those are enhancements with accuracy. Buy them for your armor pieces(five in total), your main hand and offhand.

- after you hit level 55 and various quests start giving you equipment, choose equipment with accuracy.

What we do that needs extra accuracy is to augment the gear, it is a extra item that can be added to all armor and weapons/implants/ear/relics.

You do not have to bother with this until you hit level 60

Edited by Icestar

But i find nothing in the game that referrs to accuracy.... Im just confused

If you open your character window ("C") and hover your mouse over accuracy, (which should show up under the "melee," "ranged," "tech," and "force" details), it gives a very brief explanation of what your accuracy is for the abilities that pertain to those attack types, and what happens if you go over 100% accuracy. (I don't remember the exact wording, but it's something about reducing the target's armor rating.) Since accuracy is a secondary stat, you will never find yourself in a position of having to choose accuracy at the expense of your mainstat, except when it comes to augments. However, by the time you get to a level where many players can be bothered to augment, you will most likely already have 100% accuracy through enhancements, (if you're using the initiative enhancements or something similar), implants, and the earpiece.