Refer A Friend

whitemalachi

Won't work for F2P players. Even if it says it would...

Well it doesn't say it would work for F2P? The info page ( http://www.swtor.com/info/friends ) quite clearly what kind of players you can refer:

Invite Your Friends

As an active Subscriber, you have a personal referral link to send to your friends!

• Refer friends who have never had a SWTOR account.
  • Invite previous Subscribers who have been unsubscribed for 90 days or more.
  • Tell your friends to use the link as the first step in creating a new account or logging back in to an existing account. By clicking through the link to create an account or log in, they will be registered as your "Referral."

That said, the referral system is definitely bugged, just not in regards to existing F2P players.

Edited by MFollin

I recently received 100 cc twice, with an in-game mail letting me know which gave me some token present - a mount I think. A week or so later I received 500 cc and the in-game "thank you" mail said something about the prior referral becoming a sub and this time the gift was a droid. A couple weeks after that I received another 500 cc grant and another in-game mail with a droid with the same message as the last 500 cc mail. Soooo it would appear 100cc is for someone using the referral, and another 500cc if they actually become a paying sub.

• 4 weeks later...