Sadly No Game To "Kill Wow" They will Never Learn...

Shellyn

WoW is already old story.

http://ingame.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/08/08/7308666-world-of-warcraft-is-losing-players-gaining-content

http://kotaku.com/5827577/world-of-warcraft-still-losing-players

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/36351/World_of_Warcraft_Subscriptions_Continue_To_Decline_Though_More_Slowly.php

How much longer do you think will survive a game that looks worse than Super Mario 64?

And more important, a game with a player base that other mmo players avoid like the plague.

Yeh, poor old dying WoW with it's only 11 million players, it's so weak and small compared to all those other MMO's where the players have fled, right?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To some extent I agree with the OP, there's a lack of things that we take for granted in other MMO's that are seen as basic these days.

• Customisable UI

• Ability to open whatever panels you want and drag them around the screen

• Auto sort for inventory

• Auto sell gray items at an NPC

• Auto stack for storage (why do I have to go and either physically drop or move things after right clicking them so they stack with the same items?)

The UI is terribad, really should have been sorted before launch same as the other elements I've listed, SWTOR should be at least up to scratch with these things as other games on release.

Sorry but what is it with this non-existent term "WoW killer"?

In order for WoW to go unprofitable they would have to lose about 90% of their subscriptions. This isn't even taking into account if they have a F2P model up their sleeves, which will prolong the game's life. And why is it such a sore point if two games share a market %? "Oh no no, WoW must die now. It has to happen. There couldn't possibly be TWO real MMOs in the market"

There simply is no such thing as an "MMO killer". End of. Everquest and Asheron's call are still going as profitable MMOs, where is there inevitable destroyer?

I'm sure SWTOR will enjoy healthy financial success, with a solid playerbase. What more can you ask for?

Who knows WoW's actual subscriber numbers? I'm sure if you took the actual players (not players who have 2+ accounts), in the same regions that Bioware have launched in, you will see Bioware to be "winning" in the next year. Since every company likes to exaggerate their numbers, it's never a clear picture.

It's also not a real comparison either if you just compare like-for-like as Blizzard is one of the very few companies to have a game deployed locally in so many countries.

Edited by supernickx