Sadly No Game To "Kill Wow" They will Never Learn...

Shellyn

Aion, Rift, Wh And the list could keep going!!!

First of all as benchmark i ll use World Of Warcraft, not because it's the best mmo out there, but because it is the most successful one... no one can doubt that, the players base is huge, thus the most successful... regardless if we like it or not....

But by all means this is not a comparison between the 2 games....

Undoubtedly, star wars aim to become the first mmo and reach or even get passed wow, yeah right....

You can not compare a game that it is on the market for 7 years with one that it is out for like 20 days, even less... would be unfair the least...

You can not compare it CONTENT WISE, cause on everything else you can...

Wow did some things good, why the hell bioware didn't take those things? why?

I can't understand why in 2011 Ui's should be sooooo poor as the one we are experiencing in SW:Tor... i find no logic behind that... games EVOLVED... wow upon release had a UI that sucked alot... but evolved... so you can not say now "wait to see if bio will do the same in x amount of days/months/years", WHY WAIT, since there was someone there showed you the way.... 5 years even more of development, why not rdy uppon release?

Like it or not, cry or not, competitiveness and will of improvement is in our nature, especially when it comes to gaming.... why tools to improve our characters are not available? i am not reffering to addons, i dont even like them my self... but an integrated tool measuring several things (just how recount was) would be great to have... i like to spend time theory crafting, but i cant to that to a game that upon release had NO COMBAT LOG...

How it is possible not to have a combatlog? even rift had... a much lower budget game!!! you couldn't have it uppon release? ye i know you said will be implemented... why should i care? should have been fixed...

i understand that some things wow did had bad impact, for example LFG Tool, ruined community... no doubt... sitting in if waiting for your queue was pathetic.... thankfully bio didnt implement that, and no plans in near future to do so...

After the sucess arena had in wow, where is the response to that from bio? i am nto saying to make the same, but do something or announce plans for it...

Keep us interested with the game.... make us long for something, but give us the simple things... dont make us wait for something that require no development hours...

No server transfers, i have no idea why not.... again dev wise is something very ez, nce again even rift had t upon release (close to it, a bit after) and for FREE... i know that again you announced....

I as expecting from SW perfection.... i love the game that's why i am so harsh, i dont want to see it failing....

Back to the competitiveness, pve content should be challenging, Guilds HAVE TO compete for world first and such... tools to record that should be found... i am not a dev to tell you how this is going to happen, but i know that there are many ways to do so....

I am not saying to forget the casual players like my self, ofc have different difficulties and such... but keep the spirit up... make ppl to look more into something... like it or not wow PROVED that ppl/gamers like that... if they wanted simplicity the would play Play station.... they want research in a sadistic way that i cant explain.... whats specc, whats rotation, how to kill this boss, how to, how to how to... bla bla bla... they just love that...

Imagine that sites like elitistjerks, is sooooooooooooo successful...

Last to all those that will flame me... you are here playing this game saying go back to wow, or recount sux, or this and the other... just consider that this game has to succeed and if listen to the minority will fail sadly...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not read this whole post but it seems op is saying no game will come close to WoW. But out of all the MMO's in 2011 WoW was not rated number 1, it was Rift. I remember reading this from E3 and their rankings on their website. WoW was not even in the top ten. I am not a fanboy like OP and I have played WoW and it was goo at one point but I am glad to see SWTOR is here and is pwning

So. IMO any features you're looking for are absolutely secondary to the story/voice acting. That's all I need, because this is a ROLE PLAYING GAME. Other stuff is just perks, but if they released this game with a **** story/characters/environments/ect. I'd be pissed, but what you're wanting is nothing.

Oh god, i am talking about SIMPLE THINGS, simple... how can you still whine...

It is LOGICAL to wonder why in 2011 my UI for example is not fully customizable... isnt it?

It is logical to wonder why no combatlog?

and bla bla bla....

why u dont say yes you are right so bio to do something aout it faster? why u have to whine just because u hate wow? and imagine i didnt even claim that i like wow....

all i said is that it is the most successful mmo ever crated based purely on players base...

hell my post wasnt even a whine post... all i said, all i want is some more attention to things that can improve the game in an easy way...

i didnt get to deeper things like abilities response, or feeling bla bla.... and i didnt go into content since it is too early to say something about it...

Guess it's a good thing BW/EA isn't trying to kill off WoW.

Nah they're trying to go bankrupt.

Every single MMO out there is trying to kill off WoW and steal it's user base. You think they care about the customer quality? Or about $$$? They're a company.

i used wow for comparison because it's the game with most subs, so if a game is to succeed has to "steal" subs from the Number 1...

ofc some ppl even claim that it is not number one, and rift was... bla bla... keep dreaming wow SADLY is still first even if it lost so many subs recently ... even if the competition was increased...

I cant stand your mizery any more... "it is a role playing game"... no it is an MMOgame... and as i respect your right to RP, you should respect mine aswell...

again your misery will make this game fail... and the best part is that you are the minority, proven

Every single MMO out there is trying to kill off WoW and steal it's user base. You think they care about the customer quality? Or about $$$? They're a company.

Uh huh, sure. You're absolutely right, EA doesn't care one bit about making a profit, not one bit... No sir, not one bit.

Customer Happiness, from what I remember in Marketing 101, usually directly corresponds with money when it comes to products and services. Just saying.

If a game that has 10 mil subs is dead, what are the other games?

lol

People falling for marketing hype which is a scam.

Here is a pro tip there were never more than 2.5 million WoW subs in North America at its peak. (start of WotLK)

Probably less than a million now.

Edited by Bollah

lol

People falling for marketing hype which is a scam.

Here is a pro tip there were never more than 2.5 million WoW subs in North America at its peak.

Probably less than a million now.

Your point being? Game has a total of 10 mil subs. Who cares where they're from?

Bet you also think US is the center of the world and everything revolves around it.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Skeelol

standard unmodded UI in WoW is pretty terrible. even 7 years later.

I'm pretty sure developers weren't trying to design a "WoW-killer", they were trying to design and MMO that their usual player base as well as Star Wars fans might enjoy. its the players that keep yelling - WOW-KILLER! the only game that I know of that deliberately tried to kill WoW, if one considers their commercials? was RIFT. and yeah, that didn't turn out so well. becasue you design games to kill other games, you design games to succeed on their own merit. and from my playing experience so far? that's exactly what bioware did with SWTOR.

similarities to WoW? how many rpg's have you played? I mean MMO or solo? they have pretty much standard UI. its not the lack of creativity. its due to players having developed a certain muscle memory at this point, makes transition between games easier.

Your point being? Game has a total of 10 mil subs. Who cares where they're from?

:rolleyes:

Because the Chinese get the game for free and pay 6 cents and hour to pay, they pay no "subs".

If BioWare gave the game for free to Chinese and let them pay 6 cents and hour it would have 20 million subs, but that is irrelevant. Because most of the revenue comes from NA/EU.

Edited by Bollah

WoW is not dying, its just fine.

Swtor is not around to compete with wow - dont really know where you got that idea - its proberly the fanbois who cant grasp that other games can be around just fine - haters will proberly mark it as a wow killer just because they want to see wow fail - but in the real world - games co-excist just fine, MW wont kill BF3 and the other way around - they are both present, just as MMOs can work just fine

People can play more then one game.

Im by no means a swtor or wow fanboy - I love both games, have been playing wow since early beta was around - up untill now when swtor released, then I took a break from it - its all good, I will proberly return to wow when 5.0 hits - unless swtor REALLY drags me in - then Ill use my time there.

WoW wont die just yet, will proberly go F2P at some point, when they release titan or something like that.

Swtor wont kill wow.

Swtor and GW2 will proberly take some subs away from wow for a time, but people tend to go back and forth between games.

last, Get over it already - stop making these stupid threads just because you want to cause a riot.