The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is Vader the #2 Sith?

Strive-US

Darth SIdious is stated to be the most powerful Sith in history. Darth Vader, aka Anakin Skywalker, was slated to be one of the most powerful Force users in history, but never reached his full potential after his duel with Obi-Wan.

So since Vader was never able to surpass Sidious, was he at least the second most powerful Sith or does that title belong to someone else (i.e. Tulak Hord, Marka Ragnos, etc.)?

• 1 month later...
more like 1000th. He didn't know very many abilities. Like the sith of TOR. If it wasn't for Kenobi jacking him up real bad he might have been one of the best. Because he used a asthma breathing machine the rest of his life, I hardly consider him in the top. He didn't have very good lightsaber skills once he was mutilated either. Edited by Ghenghis-Khan

more like 1000th. He didn't know very many abilities. Like the sith of TOR. If it wasn't for Kenobi jacking him up real bad he might have been one of the best. Because he used a asthma breathing machine the rest of his life, I hardly consider him in the top. He didn't have very good lightsaber skills once he was mutilated either.

What are you talking about? After he became Vader, he was easily one of the top 5 in the galaxy!

Edited by Trinid

I would say that Tenebrous, Plagieus, Sidious, Vitiate are the most powerful of the Sith to exist. Though I am not sure how they would rank with regard to the Sith of the Golden Age. Naga Sadow did cause a sun to go supernova with the force. Plus there are those Sith who were able to use Sith Alchemy to create creatures. Along with Aleema Keto who was able to create Sith Illusions, that were very effective.

I need to read the Lords of the Sith novel to see how they portray Vader.

At the time, sure he was #2 in his life time. But over all he was weaksauce compared to earlier sith.

You clearly haven't followed the books/comics. He was still faster than most Jedi could react, capable of lifting an AT-AT and crushing it with one hand via the force, and able to withstand quite a bit of punishment. No, he wasn't weak. Far from it.

yeah but he didn't blow up a planet with some arcane artifact so he proably sucks *eye roll* the problem with Vader, and Disney to their credit seems to be moving to tackle this is "EU power bloat" you did get fantastic villans written that where not all that powerful (Thrawn) but you have a lot of poorly written "super villans" as well.