additional races

agentmaine

i know bioware is working hard for the upcoming knights of the fallen empire expansion but i was wondering if we were going to see any new races being added to the game in the future such as the nautolans, khaleesh, togruta, devaronians etc like races that are npc's in the game would be nice to see some other playable races other the ones we have now which i know there are a lot but still some of the races mentioned above would be awesome to play as

i know bioware is working hard for the upcoming knights of the fallen empire expansion but i was wondering if we were going to see any new races being added to the game in the future such as the nautolans, khaleesh, togruta, devaronians etc like races that are npc's in the game would be nice to see some other playable races other the ones we have now which i know there are a lot but still some of the races mentioned above would be awesome to play as

You made that post as if you've read nothing about Togruta - as said above, might be in patch 3.3

Other species are a possibility going forward, but as it appears to be taking them around a year to sort out and release a new one then I wouldn't hold my breath.

Yeah new races seems to be a complicated issue for Bioware. To be honest I am surprised that we got the Cathar when we did.

Races that have tentacles or head appendages are very difficult to render and then fix clipping issues with robes/cloaks/hoods.

People say 3.3 for Togruta, but I would not hold my breath for that. Around a year ago they said they "might" add it and fans have been crying for it long before that, but there has never been any solid confirmation that it is coming.

It is one of those things that, I will believe it and be happy about it, only once it actually happens.

Edited by Scorpiova

Developers have stated that they are trying to have Togruta in game for 3.3. They are still working on the male I believe. They used a female Togruta for the live reveal of the Yavin Stronghold.

So It may be here for 3.3 or it may be a little later, but for sure coming soon.

Developers have stated that they are trying to have Togruta in game for 3.3. They are still working on the male I believe. They used a female Togruta for the live reveal of the Yavin Stronghold.

So It may be here for 3.3 or it may be a little later, but for sure coming soon.

Pretty much this^^

Togruta Females are more or less done it's the males that still need work and even if they miss the July 21st goal I'm pretty sure they will get added BEFORE Fallen Empire is released.

Yeah new races seems to be a complicated issue for Bioware. To be honest I am surprised that we got the Cathar when we did.

Races that have tentacles or head appendages are very difficult to render and then fix clipping issues with robes/cloaks/hoods.

People say 3.3 for Togruta, but I would not hold my breath for that. Around a year ago they said they "might" add it and fans have been crying for it long before that, but there has never been any solid confirmation that it is coming.

It is one of those things that, I will believe it and be happy about it, only once it actually happens.

They said it during the recent livestream when they showed the togruta and the yavin 4 stronghold. In fact the character they used was a togruta.

Indeed they said they aim to have it done for 3.3 but no promise. However, it was clear from the livestream that the togruta model was already workable for them. So we'll see if it's done on time for 3.3 but it's clear the development is definitely in it's later stages and not early ones.

They said it during the recent livestream when they showed the togruta and the yavin 4 stronghold. In fact the character they used was a togruta.

Indeed they said they aim to have it done for 3.3 but no promise. However, it was clear from the livestream that the togruta model was already workable for them. So we'll see if it's done on time for 3.3 but it's clear the development is definitely in it's later stages and not early ones.

Notes for 3.3 ... unless they surprise us. At least we have an idea of when not to expect it.

http://dulfy.net/2015/06/25/swtor-patch-3-3-pts-june-26-update-notes/

Notes for 3.3 ... unless they surprise us. At least we have an idea of when not to expect it.

http://dulfy.net/2015/06/25/swtor-patch-3-3-pts-june-26-update-notes/

Yeah, those are the final release notes for the public test server. They did not show the yavin stronghold OR the Togruta race on the PTS, yet they have said that both are going in with 3.3 if possible. The only one that may not make it in time is the race, it may be a bit later but will be here asap after.

Yeah, but the fact that they were still working on it to the point that they couldn't show one static pre-decided male Togruta in the live stream tells me it's almost definitely getting pushed back.

Thank goodness you can at least use a space bar...

Doesnt necessarily mean they will not include Togruta or the yavin SH in 3.3, it may be added later and it wouldnt be the first time they do such thing. Lets not lose the hope.

They specifically said in the livestream that those things wouldn't be included in the PTS regardless of whether they were ready. (They also seemed 99% sure that the Yavin SH was going to make it into 3.3.)

Hell not even 99% they said the Yavin hold would be in 3.3 not might be not hope to be would be.

Given BWs shift over the last two months compared to what they were like last year I'd be willing to bet that the Togruta make it into 3.3.

P.s. If anyone says they haven't noticed a change in BW Austin over the last few months then they are blind as bats, stupid, or just trolls who want to complain regardless of the truth.