The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SWTOR Duelling Tournament - Heats

Beniboybling

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfair. However it's just the one, maybe another but I really just see the one bad one.

Which one are you referring to?

Side Note: Currently re-reading your Darth Vader thread though, for some reliable intel. :D

After Thought: Aurbere... I am skeptical, since Zoltan and I have wanted to fight since the very start. :rolleyes:

Edited by Silenceo

Which one are you referring to?

Side Note: Currently re-reading your Darth Vader thread though, for some reliable intel. :D

After Thought: Aurbere... I am skeptical, since Zoltan and I have wanted to fight since the very start. :rolleyes:

Round 2A and there's a much better and updated Vader respect thread on Comicvine ya can look at that isn't mine.

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/zapan87/blog/darth-vader-respect-thread-part-1/98512/

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/zapan87/blog/darth-vader-respect-thread-part-2/102636/

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Round 2A and there's a much better and updated Vader respect thread on Comicvine ya can look at that isn't mine.

Is it missing any of the scans that your own has? If so, I can just use both. Though, the REAL trick... Is tracking down a Desann Respect Thread... If you think Jerec respect threads are rare... :(

Side Note: How about that, it is the same guy that did the Jerec thread I am using to compliment my own. :cool:

Edited by Silenceo

Which reminds me, how will certain characters be debated that have the ability to recover quickly?

Such as if Durge gets liquified, but the others are still up and fighting? Would it merely be a matter of time before he rejoined the fight or no? I ask because the only showings we have of him in video, show him recovering from such.

Or for another example, Darth Sion. He can be struck down again and again, but can get back up pretty quickly. How will that be handled?

Maybe you've already seen but just to clarify:

1. Victory by killing, KO’ing or otherwise incapacitating all of the opposing team.

So Sion/Durge only need to be incapacited/KO'ed to win, however everyone on the opposing team must be taken out, so yes Durge could rejoin the fight assuming he can come back together before his team is beaten.

Oh Silenceo remember how you talked about "force choking" streen....

Streen heard the blood sing in his ears as his body strained for oxygen. The rushing sound reminded him of blowing wind, gale-force storms. Wind. Air. He grasped the wind with his Jedi powers, moving the air itself and making it flow into his lungs, past Kun's invisible stranglehold. Cool, sweet oxygen filled him, and Streen exhaled and inhaled again.

Reaching out with his power, he did the same for all the other Jedi students, nudging air into their the lungs-helping them breathe, helping them grow stronger.

Streen uses his weather control abilities to not only eliminate Kun's force choke on himself, but his entire group as well :cool:

Oh Silenceo remember how you talked about "force choking" streen....

Streen uses his weather control abilities to not only eliminate Kun's force choke on himself, but his entire group as well :cool:

That was mostly for prematch entertainment, and while I could argue that Darth Vader Choke >>> Exar Kun Choke...

I figure I might as well just bring up a picture that shows the more likely scenario. Not even sure if Vader will get to face him, but still, witness the full saber power of this armed, and fully operation, comic page!

OK, well, care to explain? It's not really a debate right now, I'm mostly curious.

The droids are rather non factors against opponents like these, so honestly they would be the first to go.

Malgus hasn't shown any great Force feats on the level that Starkiller has, which is why I don't think he'll be able to withstand against it should Marek unleash his Force Powers. I mean the guy destroyed an AT-AT with a burst of lighting and Force pushed it over, hurled hundreds of junk droids, trashed AT-STs and so on...this just being the original. Deflected hordes of concussion grenades, deflecting AT-ST cannon fire, wiped out large groups of Stormtroopers etc

Revan would do much better, but I feel the overwhelming firepower of Galen/Cade would swing things into their favor.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

The droids are rather non factors against opponents like these, so honestly they would be the first to go.

Malgus hasn't shown any great Force feats on the level that Starkiller has, which is why I don't think he'll be able to withstand against it should Marek unleash his Force Powers. I mean the guy destroyed an AT-AT with a burst of lighting and Force pushed it over, hurled hundreds of junk droids, trashed AT-STs and so on...this just being the original. Deflected hordes of concussion grenades, deflecting AT-ST cannon fire, wiped out large groups of Stormtroopers etc

Revan would do much better, but I feel the overwhelming firepower of Galen/Cade would swing things into their favor.

:jawa_mad:

So if I read it right, there are 6 rounds, in 1 round only half of the teams participate. That means yourself included you will only encounter 1/4th of the teams. Correct?

Wouldn't that put RNG in the mix? If someone is unlucky enough could get Sel, Aurbere, and Beni with a smaller chance to win than someone who doesn't get either.

So if I read it right, there are 6 rounds, in 1 round only half of the teams participate. That means yourself included you will only encounter 1/4th of the teams. Correct?

Wouldn't that put RNG in the mix? If someone is unlucky enough could get Sel, Aurbere, and Beni with a smaller chance to win than someone who doesn't get either.

We've already got something worked out for the brackets. Can't reveal, though. :p

I think you mean anyone who faces Aurbere and Beni are lucky and have more of a chance to win. Easy mistake to make though :jawa_wink:

Yes, RNG is a factor, but the losers bracket should help to eliminate it as a major cause for concern. There will always be RNG unless everyone faces everyone, and in the hopes of keeping it fresh and exciting, as well as active, that was never really an option.