Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

The constant disconnects of this game is ridiculous

sillyhysterics

I don't think it is the ISP on his side. Why? Because my sister and I both play on the same network. I (knock on wood) have not yet disconnected in over 20 hours of play. However, my sister disconnects every hour it seems.

Then check her OS maybe? Might just be some stupid setting there which causes it.:confused:

There are massive threads about this in the CS forums. I had the issue one day but that was it (and my internet was working perfectly).

People in these threads are reporting that it only happens to them and not their wife. They even switched computers and they were still getting disconnected while the wife wasn't. So that pretty much rules out the computer and the internet connection.

Just because you aren't having an issue doesn't mean that it isn't a legitimate issue that other people are having. Always remember that.

I totally understand this is a new game and all, but this is ridiculous. The lag spikes and eventual disconnects no longer send you to the character select screen, but rather server select screen, where, 10, 20, 30, 60 minute queues await me.

Is this some new mini-game? I wonder if you people even realize this is happening. Nothing more enjoyable than almost completing a heroic or a class quest, then to get disconnected from this game and find myself in the queue.

Maybe i should get some Legacy XP out of this. It can be a little game, where you lovely people at Bioware, disconnect me from the game, and send me to Queue-Dom, and for each minute of Queue time, i get .00003834829238 points of Legacy XP. After that, you can allow me to log into the game, where I can redo do whatever it is I was doing or find myself dead and either have to wait to be revived or clone to the med center. Either way, it's a fun game for me.

I'm willing to pay $30 bucks a month per subscription for me to not get disconnected and not have to be in queues. Hell, this will be a great micro transaction. For each $10 increment that you spend per account, you can have your queue wait time reduced from 60 minutes down to a measly 5 minutes.

TLDR version: garbage game, constant disconnects, long queues,

Reply Responses:

Don't care if it doesn't happen to you.

Yes I'm mad.

Yes I have multiple accounts.

You're getting mad at the wrong people.

You need to find a better ISP.

I've been playing since day 1 early access and have not disconnected once, and I don't think I've had a latency spike over 150ms. Normal latency for me is around 90ms. And I'm on a full server with nightly 20 minute queues. Its the most rock solid MMO launch experience I've ever had.

There are massive threads about this in the CS forums. I had the issue one day but that was it (and my internet was working perfectly).

People in these threads are reporting that it only happens to them and not their wife. They even switched computers and they were still getting disconnected while the wife wasn't. So that pretty much rules out the computer and the internet connection.

Just because you aren't having an issue doesn't mean that it isn't a legitimate issue that other people are having. Always remember that.

That's quite odd... Sounds like an account issue then. Could it have anything to do with authenticators or something?

I totally understand this is a new game and all, but this is ridiculous. The lag spikes and eventual disconnects no longer send you to the character select screen, but rather server select screen, where, 10, 20, 30, 60 minute queues await me.

Is this some new mini-game? I wonder if you people even realize this is happening. Nothing more enjoyable than almost completing a heroic or a class quest, then to get disconnected from this game and find myself in the queue.

Maybe i should get some Legacy XP out of this. It can be a little game, where you lovely people at Bioware, disconnect me from the game, and send me to Queue-Dom, and for each minute of Queue time, i get .00003834829238 points of Legacy XP. After that, you can allow me to log into the game, where I can redo do whatever it is I was doing or find myself dead and either have to wait to be revived or clone to the med center. Either way, it's a fun game for me.

I'm willing to pay $30 bucks a month per subscription for me to not get disconnected and not have to be in queues. Hell, this will be a great micro transaction. For each $10 increment that you spend per account, you can have your queue wait time reduced from 60 minutes down to a measly 5 minutes.

TLDR version: garbage game, constant disconnects, long queues,

Reply Responses:

Don't care if it doesn't happen to you.

Yes I'm mad.

Yes I have multiple accounts.

Happens to me too. But it's not BW fault we just have a crap internet connection ;)

That's quite odd... Sounds like an account issue then. Could it have anything to do with authenticators or something?

You know I brought up the same possibility because the one day I had constant disconnects was the day I put the authenticator on the account.

I will say this: i have been disconnected / crashed to desktop 1 (uno, one) time since beta til now.

This isn't going to be an easy problem to correct. The problem could be comming from multiple places. You will need to contact multiple entities to probably get it resolved.

Example:

Worked for a company and one of our off-site locations was constantly having problems connecting back to us (HQ) via their VPN connection. We did some work and discovered some faulty equipment - Replaced it. Still having problems. Found some faulty wiring... again fixed. Still having problems. After we had fixed everything and knew for 100% it was not us.

We started running network traceroutes, pings etc... we discovered an issue that one of the ISP's routers (will not name which ISP - but it is a major cable company) was showing a latency of over 300. That is a BIG problem. Contacted them. They ran some test.. nope no problem. Sent them the traceroutes.... Nope no problem. after about 2 months, we got them to get someone on-site. The technicians discovered there was a problem - NO DUH. Then they found out a trailer park near the area was causing interference on the business network - which it shouldn't be connected to. Then we find out the airport in the area had been reporting the same problems we had.

Moral is.... you are going to have to do a little leg work.

1. is your router configured properly? Are the correct ports open?

2. if you are using DHCP, is it configured correctly? a hotel had theirs set to refresh every 5 minutes which was causing one of our VP's to have VPN problems. when they fixed it, problem resolved.

3. if you are using wireless, is it working properly? Try connecting via a LAN cable directly to the router and see if the problem goes away.

4. is anyone else on the server you play on having problems? might be them

5. how is the latency between you and BW's servers?

6. are you dropping packets? run a continuous ping and check latency and dropped packet rate.

7. are your packets fragmenting? your MTU might be set too low on your computer or router or switch.

8. It it happing at specific intervals - such as every 30 minutes? could be a computer setting or switch or something like that.

There's just a lot that needs to be checked to really determine where the issue might be.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.