The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New movie revitalize subscribers?

Bannidles

What do you think, will the new SW movie bring a hefty amount of new players to this game? The only reason I ended up here and loving it is because after watching clone wars on Netflix I had a hankering for more and remembered this game.

Will the new SW movie create more buzz for SW and help funnel people here?

According to fidothegran Vitiate is the main villain of the new movie....

He's wrong. He likes to spout vaguely plausible but incorrect information either to troll or purely out of ignorance. While it's possibly but highly unlikely Vitiate will be mentioned in Ep VII, we know the main villain is a dude named Kylo Ren. It's already been confirmed.

But to answer OP's question, Bioware will definitely push TOR close to the movie. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a TV spot containing clips of the new trailer. Why? Because it's Star Wars.

Yes I've seen fido's theories, but I think they're ridiculous hence why I wasn't indulging him.

However let's all bask in the truth of his words

And so I don't detract from the quality of this thread. I certainly hope the game gets a boost in numbers from the new movies. I think we'll see a lot of people start to get more into the Star Wars universe now just like when the prequels (say what you will about them) came out.

Anytime a large movie-sized event occurs and makes Star Wars more popular I'm always excited to see who discovers this Galaxy: far, far away

Edited by StarSquirrel

He's wrong. He likes to spout vaguely plausible but incorrect information either to troll or purely out of ignorance. While it's possibly but highly unlikely Vitiate will be mentioned in Ep VII, we know the main villain is a dude named Kylo Ren. It's already been confirmed.

But to answer OP's question, Bioware will definitely push TOR close to the movie. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a TV spot containing clips of the new trailer. Why? Because it's Star Wars.

Perhaps I should elaborate. Yes, Kylo is the bad guy, but in VII only. At the end of the film, Vitiate returns from outside of the galaxy with a fleet of living ships.