The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Every Jedi and Sith in history is transported to a battlefield...

Strive-US

Everyone is aged to the prime of their abilities. Lightsabers are out and drawn. The center of the battlefield is open and level, but there are plenty of rocks and trees around the perimeter for everyone to use.

Which big names come out on top and which ones end up as casualties?

If the Sith are unified, nothing could save the Jedi.

Nihilus, Vitiate and Sidious would tear the entire order apart alone, as long as the others can buy them time. Being defended by Titans such as Traya, Maul, Wyyrlok, Krayt, Plagueis, Caedus, Revan, Kun and the like, there's no chance the Jedi would break through before Nihilus begins his assault on whatever world they're on, Vitiate's telepathy turns their own forces against them and Sidious' force storm swallows them whole.

The few Jedi powerful enough to resist mass powers like that won't survive an onslaught of Sith Lords that will inevitably follow.

A wall of Light is out of the question here, the Dark Rage from the Sith would act as far too much of a mental obstacle.

Nihilus, Vitiate and Sidious would tear the entire order apart alone, as long as the others can buy them time. Being defended by Titans such as Traya, Maul, Wyyrlok, Krayt, Plagueis, Caedus, Revan, Kun and the like, there's no chance the Jedi would break through before Nihilus begins his assault on whatever world they're on, Vitiate's telepathy turns their own forces against them and Sidious' force storm swallows them whole.

The few Jedi powerful enough to resist mass powers like that won't survive an onslaught of Sith Lords that will inevitably follow.

I don't want to go into mathematics, but wasn't prime Luke like 200% of Sidious? If so he could hold of the top 2 sith, Sidious and Plagueis. Then there's still Yoda who can *****slap Vitiate. Nihilus is a big *********** question mark, and I'm not convinced he wouldn't just turn on everyone, so I'm not gona go into that (even though the jedi have his big weakness, Meetra).

Beyond that, I don't think Revan would actually be a sith. He's not so clear cut as Vader/Anakin, he was all over the place. But without Vitiate's influence and being whole (not like in SoR) he was a chaotic good character.

So the sith heavy lifters left are: Traya, Maul, Wyyrlok (really?), Krayt, Caedus, Kun, Vader, Malgus, Dooku.

Jedi are: Shaak Ti, Plo Koon, Satele Shan, Meetra Surik (if we don't count Nihilus, otherwise she's dueling him :p ), Starkiller, Nomi, Revan, Mace, Cade, Kyp, Fay(?), Jaina, Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan can defeat Maul fair and square. Cade already killed Krayt once. Revan > Kun questionably (going from the most powerful thread). I think prime Satele could beat prime Malgus, correct me if I'm wrong. Starkiller vs Vader is pretty damn even so let's add one more jedi, Plo for example.

So we have 4 sith vs 7 jedi, later joining in all the jedi winners. Can't see them win like that.

Also not forget that the jedi have much more pawns (chess piece) than the sith due to the rule of the two, rule of the one, and because they always won and it took time for the sith to recover.

Edited by cs_zoltan

Sith, unified? Sounds like an oxymoron. I reckon the Sith will be, none of them are friends and most will see each other as rivals, heck, even those who served under the same master, or indeed the apprentices of those masters, will probably turn on each other if given the opportunity.

The Jedi on the other hand will all work together, all of them, so they are more likely to net a win.

So the sith heavy lifters left are: [...] Vader, [...]

Since we go with people in their prime time, doesn't it put him as Jedi Knight Anakin since once he became Vader his "accident" downgraded him ?

Or maybe you consider the few hours where he served Sidious before the Mustafar fight as THE prime time ?

Edited by Altheran

As I am guessing so many people still do, Vader is in his prime in Episode VI. He even recognizes himself this way. While he lost his POTENTIAL and was down graded AT THE TIME he recovered that strength and surpassed it by episode IV and would only get stronger from there. This is according to the movies and the novelizations. So anyone that thinks Anakin> Vader, rethink you are wrong.

As I am guessing so many people still do, Vader is in his prime in Episode VI. He even recognizes himself this way. While he lost his POTENTIAL and was down graded AT THE TIME he recovered that strength and surpassed it by episode IV and would only get stronger from there. This is according to the movies and the novelizations. So anyone that thinks Anakin> Vader, rethink you are wrong.

New canon already has Vader > Anakin anyway.

Since we go with people in their prime time, doesn't it put him as Jedi Knight Anakin since once he became Vader his "accident" downgraded him ?

Or maybe you consider the few hours where he served Sidious before the Mustafar fight as THE prime time ?

No, seeing as Vader (post op) was less arrogant and actually spent time perfecting his style. Darth Vader would curb stomp Anakin Skywalker. And don't even go into "what if Anakin achieved his full potential?" because he never did, and he never would have. He was the naturally talented kid that took his power for granted; he learned his lesson the hard way and became the tactical and skilled Darth Vader.

Also, Luke Skywalker's ability to completely channel the force (can't remember the name) is basically a God. Yes, I know, it takes a heavy toll on his body and he only uses it when there is no other choice - so an Army of the Galaxy's most feared and powerful Sith from throughout history ISN'T one of those moments...?

I don't want to go into mathematics, but wasn't prime Luke like 200% of Sidious? If so he could hold of the top 2 sith, Sidious and Plagueis. Then there's still Yoda who can *****slap Vitiate. Nihilus is a big *********** question mark, and I'm not convinced he wouldn't just turn on everyone, so I'm not gona go into that (even though the jedi have his big weakness, Meetra).

Beyond that, I don't think Revan would actually be a sith. He's not so clear cut as Vader/Anakin, he was all over the place. But without Vitiate's influence and being whole (not like in SoR) he was a chaotic good character.

So the sith heavy lifters left are: Traya, Maul, Wyyrlok (really?), Krayt, Caedus, Kun, Vader, Malgus, Dooku.

Jedi are: Shaak Ti, Plo Koon, Satele Shan, Meetra Surik (if we don't count Nihilus, otherwise she's dueling him :p ), Starkiller, Nomi, Revan, Mace, Cade, Kyp, Fay(?), Jaina, Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan can defeat Maul fair and square. Cade already killed Krayt once. Revan > Kun questionably (going from the most powerful thread). I think prime Satele could beat prime Malgus, correct me if I'm wrong. Starkiller vs Vader is pretty damn even so let's add one more jedi, Plo for example.

So we have 4 sith vs 7 jedi, later joining in all the jedi winners. Can't see them win like that.

Also not forget that the jedi have much more pawns (chess piece) than the sith due to the rule of the two, rule of the one, and because they always won and it took time for the sith to recover.

The problem with your idea is that you seem to think the Sith and Jedi start facing an equal. They will not.

The problem here is that the Dark powers are great for widespread chaos and damage, Sidious in his prime only needs a thought to summon a Force Storm that would wipe out 95% of the Jedi forces. Luke isn't twice his power level, they're close and Luke is his better, but not by that much.

Not to mention the Jedi don't actually have as much of an advantage as you say, numbers wise, the Banite Sith line will produce less, yes. But it produced immensely powerful Sith, 10 Banite Sith going to town with force lightning storms etc is worth a few thousand Jedi any day of the week in a battle like this. Revan and Traya's empires along with Vitiate's also massively make up this disparity.

Surik won't counter Nihilus here, he was only weakened by her because he spent his energy on a failed drain, she doesn't specifically weaken her, and honestly he can't die unless he's weakened. He could feasibly solo this, with the power he'd gain from the mooks, any survivors won't be able to face him.

Discount Nihilus and the Sith still win though. They're trained specifically for stuff like this, and learn wide spread damaging force powers, the Jedi just aren't bred for a fight like this.

Thats a bold claim. Anakin tapping into his potential is greater than Vader ever could be. Circumstantial yes, and not useful in a one versus one scenario. But here?

The problem with your idea is that you seem to think the Sith and Jedi start facing an equal. They will not.

I didn't actually presume that everyone will look for their equal and duel it out in a battle. It just meant to show that every powerful sith has a counterpart. So considering that for every powerful sith there is one or more powerful jedi and that overall numbers of jedi is higher than the sith it's a safe assumption that they'd win.

The problem here is that the Dark powers are great for widespread chaos and damage, Sidious in his prime only needs a thought to summon a Force Storm that would wipe out 95% of the Jedi forces. Luke isn't twice his power level, they're close and Luke is his better, but not by that much.

Only if you presume he'd have time for such a thing when being pressed by the stongest (mortal) force user ever. Not to mention it goes both ways. A Starkiller level of force user can obliterate groups of weaker force sensitives with TK. So the jedi can do plenty of AoE damage as well.

Not to mention the Jedi don't actually have as much of an advantage as you say, numbers wise, the Banite Sith line will produce less, yes. But it produced immensely powerful Sith, 10 Banite Sith going to town with force lightning storms etc is worth a few thousand Jedi any day of the week in a battle like this. Revan and Traya's empires along with Vitiate's also massively make up this disparity.

Oh yes they do. First of all, there were jedi way before dark jedi and/or sith. Second, every time there was a war the sith lost. Every. Time. And every time it took decaded or even centuries for the sith to recover while the jedi prospered.

Even at the worst time of the jedi, the First Jedi Purge and the Great Jedi Purge (Order66), there were more jedi masters than sith lords.

Surik won't counter Nihilus here, he was only weakened by her because he spent his energy on a failed drain, she doesn't specifically weaken her, and honestly he can't die unless he's weakened. He could feasibly solo this, with the power he'd gain from the mooks, any survivors won't be able to face him.

Discount Nihilus and the Sith still win though. They're trained specifically for stuff like this, and learn wide spread damaging force powers, the Jedi just aren't bred for a fight like this.

That was kinda my point. Nihilus would just kill everyone he can, starting with the weak ones by the end he could kill Luke. So that's why I don't really count him.

PS: cba to edit colors...

Revan is the most likely to survive, he was the most powerful after all.

He really isn't. He's been bigged up through Bioware, but in terms of skill and actual power, he is outclassed by most in the Skywalker line. Besides he has had his @ss kicked twice by the player character of SWTOR.

He really isn't. He's been bigged up through Bioware, but in terms of skill and actual power, he is outclassed by most in the Skywalker line. Besides he has had his @ss kicked twice by the player character of SWTOR.

Well the player character wasn't alone for either fight but yeah I agree he isn't the most powerful. He's quite over rated.

Edited by Newyankalt

Revan is the most likely to survive, he was the most powerful after all.

He is not the most powerful but your right he is the most likely to survive. He is one of the few force sensitive to have been both Jedi and a Sith so he might be able to play both sides and join whichever ones win.

Revan might get killed specifically for that reason. In a situation like this side would likely have more trouble trusting who will work with who, and so Revan becomes a casualty of the less trusting Sith and Jedi (since he really is a traitor to both sides)

People like Darth Caedus and Traya will likely survive for a few reasons,

-Sheer power: Both of these two dwarf most (though not all) jedi and sith in terms of power

-Knowledge: Again, both know very esoteric powers that most will not be able to keep up with. Jacen can shrink his force presence if he wanted to. His saber skills rivaled Luke's and he has experience fighting numerous powerful opponents at once. Not to mention his ability to use Shatterpoint, which would be undeniably powerful. Plus the fact that both of these are manipulative means they'd likely survive and anyone unlucky enough to get too close would get annihilated.

-Shatterpoint: as mentioned Jacen knows it, as does Traya

-Stealth: both can do it, both have amazing feats at it

-Both have been experts at manipulating Jedi.

Wonder if Bane could trick Kaan into using the thought bomb and kill everyone else though... that'd be funny.

My vote is Caedus, Traya, and Bane making it out. (Caedus and Traya would be able to use Shatterpoint and recognize the plan (especially Traya who knew Revan whose holocron Bane learned the technique from)

Revan can use thought bomb too , and many other rituals - practically every ritual which Bane know was from Revan , and with sheer power he really wasnt weak - he was defeated two times ? First by getting shot with turbolaser and second time betrayed by Scourge when he was fighting alone vs Emperor . And he was able to foresee what will enemy do in middle of battle . Edited by LightShadowCz

Does surik not gain more force power when she is around force users? So that many force users in on room would make her unstoppable. She is a wound in the force after all.

she does indeed so its possible she could wipe the floor with them.

Luke isn't twice his power level, they're close and Luke is his better, but not by that much.

After some searching I found the quote:

However, after all of his limbs were severed and he was extremely burned on Mustafar he lost much of his Force potential. As Darth Vader, Skywalker was believed to have had roughly 80% of the strength of the Emperor. Had he sustained none of his injuries on Mustafar he would have been twice as powerful.

Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back Director's Commentary

Luke's potential = Anakin's pre-Mustafar. So yeah, he was that much better.