The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bulwark (Directive 7) severly bugged

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did this boss as an Assassin tank with a Marauder and Merc dpsing. Both DPS had grade 50 purple mods, couple of Tionese pieces and blue/purple implants and earpiece.

Have done it previously with an Operative and Sorc DPS as well and other combinations of those four classes.

Edited by KaiHeilos

It is fairly easy with the right comp. The key is to be able to CC the droids on both sides, in order to keep the shield down and focus on DPS to beat the enrage. Check out this strategy video if you are having trouble:

He does like zero damage to anyone if you do it right.

that's true. Being a healer a barely had to heal anyone up. Only if a lone smash was not interrupted. So i was shooting him as well. Strange thing, he doesn't seem to become much tougher after enrage. Wipe comes only if you miss two smashes a row. First times my party downed him 20-25 seconds after enrage.

Completed this on Hard Mode with 2 Commandos (DPS), a Scoundrel (heal), and a Guardian (tank, duh). The fight was very easy. He even enraged for the last 6 or 7% and no one died. The smash doesn't even do a lot of damage to the tank. The first two times his shields were up we used that time to regen. Before the third time we killed some of the droids and only one of this shields went up, and he enraged shortly after we broke the shield. But the healing was manageable and I only had help with 1 heal from one of the Commandos. We were all quite surprised how easy it was because some of our group tried doing it on normal and it was ridiculous damage. I think it's just NJormal mode that need to be toned down.

Yeah this fight is one of those "guaranteed" kills for us on hard mode. I tank at the right panel when facing the boss, the rest of the group goes to the left. On Normal mode the tank takes an OBSCENE amount of damage. When I only had 15k health and just hit 50 it was really really really healing intensive.

We CC the droids the first time they come out, and after that we just do whatever tab stun tab or AoE knockbacks we have and click the panels as fast as we can if they get repaired.

It's easily the tightest enrage in all the flashpoints right now.. but even when we brought a green/blue geared Mercenary in there we still beat the enrage or hit it at absolute most 3 or 4%. If we have someone forget to tab back to the boss or something briefly we might hit the enrage at sub 4% so it's not really that challenging.

Tank takes almost no damage on hard mode.. but every time I get stunned I do lose aggro briefly and the group might take a cleave. Tanks save your taunt for when the stun breaks!

Whether the fight is bugged or not on hard mode is debatable. Normal mode is definitely bugged and they stated in 1.1 his damage is being nerfed.

If you kill the droids every time, you DO NOT have the DPS to beat the enrage. Especially if you're just starting out in hard mode flashpoints. If you CC them / spam knockbacks.. the enrage is much much easier. I'm still not sure which one is the intended mode of completion by the devs.. but I don't look at CCing droids as an exploit so.

*edit* For those interested, group comp is usually;

Assassin Tank

Jugg Tank (If he's online I respec DPS)

Sorc Healer / Merc Healer (Sometimes our merc and sorc trade roles lol)

Merc / Sorc / Marauder / Jugg / Operative / Assassin

We've done it with all those comps.

Edited by Ambrossius

If you kill the droids every time, you DO NOT have the DPS to beat the enrage. Especially if you're just starting out in hard mode flashpoints. If you CC them / spam knockbacks.. the enrage is much much easier. I'm still not sure which one is the intended mode of completion by the devs.. but I don't look at CCing droids as an exploit so.

Umm, yes you do. We one-shotted Bulwark (probably the only people in this whole thread who actually looked up the fight before hand?), killed the Droids every time they came out, and beat the enrage timer.

DPS Commando, Gunslinger, Healer Jedi Sage, Tank Jedi Guardian.

This fight entirely depends on the dps. Of course healing is required but one thing my grp and I discovered is that if melee is standing too close he does some kind of invisable aoe (im not talking about his avoidable aoe phase). If melee stands at max melee range you dont ever get hit by this. Also, you dont HAVE to kill the adds just cc one or both. As long as they dont repair the panels they arnt a big threat and that will give dps WAY more time on the boss.

• 3 months later...

Not bugged, just a few tricks, most of which have been repeated here.

1) tank on one side, rest of group on other. better to be near the nodes, for ease of destroying them.

2) tank interrupt bulwark blast. it does solid damage and you can stop it.

3) someone other than tank interrupt bulwark smash. if you don't do this, bulwark smash will knock tank back and cause him to lose aggro. bulwark will then turn on rest of group and blast them for a lot of damage. do not let this happen - when you are getting randomly destroyed by big ae blasts, this is what happened just beforehand.

4) destroy nodes when they are repaired by robots.

5) tank ignores robots and stays on bulwark.

6) dps ignores robots and stays on bulwark *unless* healer is attacked by repair droids, in which case you kill whatever is attacking the healer and then go back to bulwark immediately afterwards.

should be doable like this. we did this with guardian, sage, shadow, sentinel. guardian and sage were well geared, but shadow and sentinel were basically in recruit pvp blues.

oh, and yes, this was hard mode.

Edited by piterdevries