After completion of Class story, what do?

Diviciacus

With the current x12 I have finally finished all the class stories, and have eight toons at 50+. I'm familiar enough with MMO's and general TOR updates to know that 50-55 = Makeb and 55-60 = Rishi, Yavin IIII's moon, Ziost.

However, before Makeb and after there were content updates. So. I'm curious how much I'd be missing story-wise if I skipped those worlds (Ilum et alia). Will I be fine? Will I constantly be like "what the hell is going on?"?

Truth be told, Ilum itself is not really integral to the overall story arc. Ilum adds more about the fate of Darth Malgus and playing through at least once is interesting, but not necessary (I played through a couple times, after that, I skip it).

The world added after Ilum is Oricon and concerns the fate of the Dread Masters that were freed on Belsavis. There is story on Oricon and I believe this must be played through, but I don't know that to be sure. Whether or not it is necessary, Oricon is an excellent world with lots of dailies, a couple good heroics and two awesome OPs.

The Czerka base was introduced along with Oricon and again there is a story there as well, as well as dailies and two FPs. It's pretty quick to get through but from what I can tell, again, not exactly integral to the overall story though I believe it must be played through.

Ilum from what I understand is the only world that is not necessary for character story development, but it is worth doing once.

Rishi: mandatory

Yavin: mandatory

Ziost: mandatory

PS - Love your name. I'm also a fellow Romanophile. My name on here was inspired by Vercingetorix. Sangetorix, Vercengetorix :D

Chronologically, it's:

Vanilla (including Black Hole) -> Ilum -> Makeb/CZ -> Oricon -> Forged Alliances -> SoR -> Whatever's coming up...

Ilum and Makeb are just for fun, really, and Oricon was the best way to gear yourself for 55 pre-3.0. Now, the whole RotHC is more like a nice, easy, way to group up and make money. The Makeb story on both factions is pretty good, though.

SoR is mandatory, and Alliances is the sort of force-fed prelude to it.

Edited by Xakthul