The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Knights of the Fallen Empire Mechanics

Pantherin

I am not here to argue the expansion nor the story arc.

I am here to express the following concerns about the implementation of the new expansion.

How will the Legacy be impacted?

How will crafting be impacted?

How will all our companions (earned, acquired, quested for and bought) be impacted?

How will all our old characters (mules) be impacted?

How will our Strongholds be impacted?

I bring up these questions because of the way they stated they are going to implement the new expansion. It appears that we will be far into the future and our characters will have to play a new game, new story arc and new powers. It gives me the impression that all progress and work up to this point will be null and void in the new world.

I would like a little more information on how our characters will be able it interact with one another. Are we going to be "forced" to level all our characters in the new world for interaction and support?

Thank you.

I am not here to argue the expansion nor the story arc.

I am here to express the following concerns about the implementation of the new expansion.

How will the Legacy be impacted?

How will crafting be impacted?

How will all our companions (earned, acquired, quested for and bought) be impacted?

How will all our old characters (mules) be impacted?

How will our Strongholds be impacted?

I bring up these questions because of the way they stated they are going to implement the new expansion. It appears that we will be far into the future and our characters will have to play a new game, new story arc and new powers. It gives me the impression that all progress and work up to this point will be null and void in the new world.

I would like a little more information on how our characters will be able it interact with one another. Are we going to be "forced" to level all our characters in the new world for interaction and support?

Thank you.

As just guesses to contribute to the discussions:

Legacy: Likely untouched.

Crafting: Besides recruiting new comps and old ones? Likely a 50-point increase to 550 in all categories. new stuff pertinent to the ex-pac added.

Comps:

• Earned: Describe?
    Acquired: I assume you mean the standard 5+ship droid? Likely, you will need to meet them to recruit them again.
    Quested: As for HK? He might have upgraded himself to the new HK-55 unit teased in the info pack.
    Bought: Treek is likely to be one of the ones you'll just have, if not one that's just very easy to reacquire.

Old characters: They shall be left in the pre-Expansion until such a time that you give them Outlander status (aka doing the ex-pac).

Strongholds: Again, I suspect they'll be untouched.

Your other questions are likely to be answered in the months to come. There is a community cantina event in July and Gamescon in August. :)

I hope my little brainstorming may have soothed a few of your worries. :)

As just guesses to contribute to the discussions:

Legacy: Likely untouched.

Crafting: Besides recruiting new comps and old ones? Likely a 50-point increase to 550 in all categories. new stuff pertinent to the ex-pac added.

Comps:

• Earned: Describe?
    Acquired: I assume you mean the standard 5+ship droid? Likely, you will need to meet them to recruit them again.
    Quested: As for HK? He might have upgraded himself to the new HK-55 unit teased in the info pack.
    Bought: Treek is likely to be one of the ones you'll just have, if not one that's just very easy to reacquire.

Old characters: They shall be left in the pre-Expansion until such a time that you give them Outlander status (aka doing the ex-pac).

Strongholds: Again, I suspect they'll be untouched.

Your other questions are likely to be answered in the months to come. There is a community cantina event in July and Gamescon in August. :)

I hope my little brainstorming may have soothed a few of your worries. :)

Thank you, a little.

It just brings up more questions:

Hypothetically; My main is a 60 Sage - Sythweaving Guru. He is owner of the stronghold in Tatoonie. He is also a key gatherer and supporter of the Legacy. Now he is frozen in time and taken out of the equation. That means I will lose a key member of my team (Legacy Buffs, Abilities, Crafting, Gatherer and etc). That places me into a position as a player where I will have to make a choice - level them all to 60+ or don't participate in the new expansion.

Will my stronghold still exists on Tatooine or will it have been destroyed in the fall of the Republic?

Loss of the companions will also impact my ability to craft and send them out on missions, potentially.

Just a wee bit concerned about the implementation of this expansion.

I believe these items will be less affected than you may think.

Why?... Well everything else is a way to dumb down the system for people and make it easier for them to integrate. (example: purchasing level 60 characters instead of the usual job of leveling whi8le actually LEARNING the game *My personal pet peeve but it's a good reference here*)

I am going to assume that the things you have mentioned will cross over. No, I don't think that's staying with continuity and storyline, but it seems that this game is ceding to the kiddies just like all of the others have. Continuity and context are losing ground to ease and Cartel Coin purchases. This means that you are likely safe in your current set-up....as will I be, but i'd rather sacrifice that and have a more realistic setting myself. You really appreciate and respect the game and others playing it far more when it cost you time and energies to learn it and excel. (Sorry if that opinion steps on anyone's toes)