Item Linking Bug

SepaAhazi

This is a bug that was reported 6 months ago in Beta. It is a UI bug.

The item shown in the crafting schematic will show X stats

The item crafted will show Y stats

The crafted item linked in chat will show Z stats

The item linked form the crafting panel will show Q stats

We have 4 different possibilities, fun guess.

Since I had an alt on Ahazi, and I loved SWG crafting as I am sure you did. I just wanted to forewarn you. The crafting idea in this game is pretty cool but there are major flaws right now.

I'm sure you know how hard it can be to RE an epic quality item. At level 50 the items you can make for instance me-Armstech I can make epic quality Reflex Barrel 22 with stat value 10 (just an example).

At level 50 you can do one days worth of dailies in an hour and go buy an epic quality Reflex Barrel 23 with stat value 12.

The same is for weapons-the epic quality level 50 weapons I can make are stat value 10-where the PvP weapon you can get in 2 hours of PvP is stat value of 12. There isn't a point to crafting right now with the state of the GTN and the ability to get superior items extremely easy from a vendor. Sorry to burst your bubble =/

You can still kind of make money if people are lazy I guess. But out of the 24 level 50 Bounty Hunters on my server I sold one thing for 40k so far, the rest opted for dailies or PvP weapons.

/sadface

Edited by KetMalice

Since I had an alt on Ahazi, and I loved SWG crafting as I am sure you did. I just wanted to forewarn you. The crafting idea in this game is pretty cool but there are major flaws right now.

I'm sure you know how hard it can be to RE an epic quality item. At level 50 the items you can make for instance me-Armstech I can make epic quality Reflex Barrel 22 with stat value 10 (just an example).

At level 50 you can do one days worth of dailies in an hour and go buy an epic quality Reflex Barrel 23 with stat value 12.

The same is for weapons-the epic quality level 50 weapons I can make are stat value 10-where the PvP weapon you can get in 2 hours of PvP is stat value of 12. There isn't a point to crafting right now with the state of the GTN and the ability to get superior items extremely easy from a vendor. Sorry to burst your bubble =/

You can still kind of make money if people are lazy I guess. But out of the 24 level 50 Bounty Hunters on my server I sold one thing for 40k so far, the rest opted for dailies or PvP weapons.

/sadface

maybe you should not of leveled so fast and skipped every cut scener and enjoyed the story

maybe you should not of leveled so fast and skipped every cut scener and enjoyed the story

I didn't and besides that has what to do with being able to get better items from a vendor faster than someone could craft inferior items for you?

I wasn't in a guild on Ahazi. My main server was Chilastra. I just had an Engineer-Architect and I lived as a hermit in the middle of nowhere Tatoonie hehe. I rode around on my speeder and collected samples as I was being independent as my hermit self! haha