Guild ships, KOFE what happens?

SWentz

The post kinda says what i'm asking, if the both the Empire and Republic are gone and the years have passed, what happens to them? new design? new guild ships to pick from like the ones in the trailer? (they look amazing!!!) I've got a feeling there wont be any changes to our ships and we wont lose them but you don't get if you don't ask :-P I also want to thank Bioware for this expansion, its what i think many people have wanted since day one and almost in a way creates SWTOR 2.

I suspect that guild ships, along with houses, will just be magical safe havens that have somehow managed to remain completely unaffected by the events of the expansion.

I kinda thought that to, i hope they try to avoid "safe havens" for guild ships and maybe offer an upgrade to keep inline with the story or offer new guild ships for us to buy. Would be a shame if they kept with just the two we have since in the future they will kinda be old and crappy lol Those ships in the trailer are amazing, i want one!!! :D

Or better yet (at least for strongholds), maybe that's where your carbonite coffin is placed?

That's not a bad idea, problem is some of us have many strongholds so maybe might become to confusing for there system lol wish they would give out more information than the basic information we have.

The post kinda says what i'm asking, if the both the Empire and Republic are gone and the years have passed, what happens to them? new design? new guild ships to pick from like the ones in the trailer? (they look amazing!!!) I've got a feeling there wont be any changes to our ships and we wont lose them but you don't get if you don't ask :-P I also want to thank Bioware for this expansion, its what i think many people have wanted since day one and almost in a way creates SWTOR 2.

Strongholds, Guilds, and Guild flagships will remain untouched. It would be neat if we have to fight the new empire to reclaim them, but that's not likely to happen.

Strongholds, Guilds, and Guild flagships will remain untouched. It would be neat if we have to fight the new empire to reclaim them, but that's not likely to happen.

This. We aren't going to have things that can be purchased with real money taken away, and also there has to be continuity with low level characters.

This, I mean it's great to dream but lets be honest most of the new story will likely happen on new planets only in the outer rim systems and if any parts of the story do happen on current planets then they will likely happen in instances. This isn't going to be WOW where they completely re-haul everything. We will likely still be able to go to the current fleet and the older planets and daily areas without any changes occurring there. I mean it's not like they actually blew up the sith and jedi academys when they moved to the forged alliances story so it's unlikely they would do that here as well. Flagships and strongholds will be fine as some people spent real money on them as such they won't be tampered with until this game completely shuts down.

Things deteriorate incredibly slowly in space :)

Your guild ship will be there waiting for you when you return.

(also, since it's a guild ship, it will probably have been maintained by "the crew")

I dunno, that is a motley bunch of folks in that crew. Not sure if I trust them without stern leadership skills.

With the intent to push the player centric story (I read this as less about teaming (which they have basically said... FP's, Ops, PvP still going to get developed as MMOesque additions (my words)... but "we're focusing on story this year". The new expansion will be a single player RPG (ala KOTOR3). Guilds will be social constructs only (Chat system, shared bank, shared stonghold, etc...)

Since we will be in carbonite for years, and the Empire/Republic have all but collapsed... I think;

A) Your "faction" will not change. You are a Republic or Imperial Veteran of the Galactic War

B) This will be solely Single Player Campaign (you'll see other people running around... but as set dressing essentially. You may be able to team (although I expect a lot of "personal" phases).

C) The existing 1-60 content is there as optional for "deeper immersion" or background on who your character was prior to being frozen in carbonite, but updating that is not going to happen save what they have already stated (retuning the ops/fps to make them all part of "Elder Game"). Which I expect will essentially be your character reliving events of the past since those FP's and Operations would be (from a story perspective) totally out of context with the time period your character is inm and don't fit the current state of the Republic/Empire).

Do I think there will be new flashpoints and Ops... I do... but not right away... maybe a flashpoint or two at some of the chapter endings (every 2-3, and an operation at every 5-10 chapters)... just my guess.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised that planets will also be instanced depending on where you are in the story (i.e. pre carbonite/post carbonite) similar to Ziost Once you completed the initial story arc, you can't get back to pre-destroyed ziost. ... if the Empire/Republic have fallen ... I am pretty sure that every existing planet would need to undergo some changes during your slumber.