A Suggestion regarding world pvp.

Banetek

I understand first off that your primary audience and player base is PvE plus most of your content is PvE. I have Played World of Warcraft, Warhammer and others but I want to reference the two games I just mentioned.

World PvP. The ability to attack other players any where except newbie starter areas. That's what WoW did right.

Warhammer Pushed the PvP but encouraged it to be contained in their PvP zones and discouraged really attacking players in towns etc ..

You guys got the world pvp down in that I can attack the other faction in any shared world but over all world pvp is sorta bleh. I would like to suggest something that I feel you got wrong when you originaly made Ilum a battle zone.

First off the Objectives were too easy and not involved enough to intrest pvers even though I understand people who mainly pved and did both went to engage the other faction.

What about a more indepth warzone or a world where you have multiple towns, multiple objectives to strengthen those towns citys etc.. A Place where the people could pve by gathering, doing missions etc could help supply guards who guarded the other and gathered supplies to push NPCS to engage the next town. Yes players could run along side NPCS they helped gear up by missions etc and invade the next town while the defenders defended it.

When I played WoW I really enjoyed a place called alterac valley where this type of thing took place. Its not new yet it was fun. Huttball and the other warzones are getting boring. Why not involve teams larger than 8? Why not something in the open world instead of a contained warzone? Why not something for bragging rights? Why not a place that encourages open pvp like that?

Thank you

tl dr version ( Grow attention span )

You mentioned Ilum in your post. Did you ever actually participate in Ilum owpvp when it was a thing?

Im going to have to assume no since it was a lag infested 1 fps nightmare all around.

The game engine just cant handle large scale pvp scenarios, all the weapon effects/abilities plus players causes the hamster to die like vader force choked it because it peed on his gloves :p

Edited by XiamaraSimi

You mentioned Ilum in your post. Did you ever actually participate in Ilum owpvp when it was a thing?

Im going to have to assume no since it was a lag infested 1 fps nightmare all around.

The game engine just cant handle large scale pvp scenarios, all the weapon effects/abilities plus players causes the hamster to die like vader force choked it because it peed on his gloves :p

Swtor servers are powered by a hamster on a wheel... I can believe that, heck I would settle for a few WZ comms for ganking someone would be nice...

Very much this. The reason that we're never getting good world pvp is because the Hero engine is terrible and always has been.