Ardor/Relentless

waterboytkd

So after running quite a bit of Sentinel/Marauder this weekend testing on the PTS, I gotta say...

I take back anything bad I've ever said about this utility.

It is not better to just use your Centering/Fury to spam Tran/Pred. You NEED to use Zen/Berserk if you want to have appropriate damage output. Which means, if you want any mobility at all, you need to take Ardor/Relentless, so you can also use Tran/Pred.

It makes me actually enjoy Combat/Carnage so much again, I'm tempted to make it my "main" again.

I agree. The thing that people tend to forget about Gore and Berserk, is that not only does Berserk increase the number of abilities you can squeeze into a Gore window, it also shortens the cooldown on Gore and all of your other attacks that are used while Gore is up. Also, since Gore doesn't do damage, it benefits from the cooldown reduction from the 30% alacrity during berserk, but it does NOT consume one of your 6 Berserk charges.

Using your 30 stacks for predation is a big dps loss. Granted, not being on target is also a DPS loss, but if you can have the best of both worlds, then that is entirely ideal.

Oh and just in case some of you are thinking about delaying using your berserk until you can make sure that you fit gore into it... don't, unless you don't have a full rage bar, and in that case, spam your rage builders so you aren't wasting fury generation. And you should never, ever, ever, unless you know that you won't be able to dps for some reason, delay a gore window.

The issue that I see all the time is that Gore ends up coming off cooldown and I'm 2 fury away from a 30 stack =(. Not really an issue in pvp as we're generating fury from being hit though.

Edited by Aluvi

So after running quite a bit of Sentinel/Marauder this weekend testing on the PTS, I gotta say...

I take back anything bad I've ever said about this utility.

It is not better to just use your Centering/Fury to spam Tran/Pred. You NEED to use Zen/Berserk if you want to have appropriate damage output. Which means, if you want any mobility at all, you need to take Ardor/Relentless, so you can also use Tran/Pred.

It makes me actually enjoy Combat/Carnage so much again, I'm tempted to make it my "main" again.

I didn't think anybody was against Ardor... I thought it was the splitting of Defensive Forms that was the core reason we objected to the 3.2.1 changes...

Nonetheless I agree, Ardor is really nice.

I didn't think anybody was against Ardor... I thought it was the splitting of Defensive Forms that was the core reason we objected to the 3.2.1 changes...

Nonetheless I agree, Ardor is really nice.

There was a vocal group that demanded it be left on the Centering/Fury system by default because that's "better". That is, you can spam Tran/Pred faster if you use the Centering/Fury system.

But yeah, it is definitely not better. Being able to open with Tran/Pred at the start of match or on respawns without wasting a Heroic on Contemplation/Brooding is huge. After that, always having it ready for when you get slowed/rooted is massive.

Ardor/Relentless really should be the default mechanics for Tran/Pred. That would allow Jedi Promulgator/Cloak of Annihilation to go back to Masterful tier, and it shouldn't be too hard to dream up a useful Heroic utility.