The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

In the Jedi order what happens to weak force sensitives?

One thing I've noticed playing the sith characters is that there are large groups of force sensitives trying to become sith. Many end up dieing. I haven't played Jedi characters and am unsure how their trials are.

What happens in the jedi order? how do they weed out the weak?

Not sure what happens in SWTOR, but the usual answer you'll get is that they are sent to join one of the many Jedi Corps across the galaxy. Agricultural Corps, etc. They serve the galaxy in a different way than by fighting.

Hope this helps!

They ship them to a farm upstate.

No, really - younglings and padawans who don't 'make the cut' are assigned to the Jedi Agricultural Corps (or to the Medical Corps, Educational Corps or Exploration Corps) instead of being made into full Jedi Knights.

During wartime and periods like the Cold War when the Order is suffering from severely depleted numbers, I imagine they're much more lax in who gets accepted as a Knight as opposed to 'washing out' to one of the Service Corps.

Edited by DarthDymond

Is there any notable jedi that did good being shipped to the farm?

Do any of them get to go back to normal lives? Seems kinda like a bummer to be force sensitive to be a jedi, but not at the same time. I think if I was in that boat I'd want to live a normal life and have a wife and kids.

Is there any notable jedi that did good being shipped to the farm?

Do any of them get to go back to normal lives? Seems kinda like a bummer to be force sensitive to be a jedi, but not at the same time. I think if I was in that boat I'd want to live a normal life and have a wife and kids.

Any Jedi can leave the order whenever they want, really. Dooku was a 'former Jedi' even before he was outed as a Sith (one of the 'Lost Twenty" the only 20 Jedi Masters to ever leave the Order). So I'm sure many 'washouts' did so. Zayne Carrick and Ahsoka Tano come to mind as two 'former Jedi' who were nonetheless notable heroes (they both turned down offers of knighthood, though, as opposed to being assigned to the AgriCorps).

Plenty of Jedi lived meaningful lives of service to the Jedi, the Republic and the Galaxy in the Service Corps, the same as other farmers, educators medics and explorers did. I don't know of any off-hand who were particularly notable for their roles within the Service Corps, although I would imagine there were some who were main or supporting characters in some of the novels or comics that have come out over the years.

Actually, the most notable 'accomplishments' that come to mind for me are the Corps members who survived Order 66 due to not being full-fledged Jedi, and were then recruited by the Empire and made into Dark Side Adepts, Inquisitors, and similar servants of the Galactic Empire.

Edited by DarthDymond

At the time, Obi-Wan was rejected as a potential apprentice by Qui-Gon for a simple reason: He couldn't control his emotions properly and during a Tournament Qui-Gon witnessed, Obi-Wan fought and defeated his rival, Bruck Chun in a rather violent way.

Qui-Gon having had his second apprentice, Xanatos, turning to the Dark Side before, he refused to risk training Obi-Wan. Since Obi-Wan was getting too old for apprenticeship, he was sent to the Agri Corps (He had failed to be picked up twice before the tournament).

As it happened, Qui-Gon was on the same ship as Obi-Wan and they had two adventures together (One aboard the ship and one on Bandomeer) before Obi-Wan offered to sacrifice himself to save Qui-Gon. They found a loophole and Qui-Gon, impressed by Obi-Wan's courage and dedication to a man who a rejected him several times before, chose to make him his Padawan.

Bottom line? Read "Jedi Apprentice" by Jude Watson (The whole series) it's awesome.

A fair number (certainly in the TOR time period) probably end up doing Temple grounds clerical work, too. If you do the one sidequest on Tython to move the rock for the guy, if you go LS option the Ithorian Jedi tells the failed padawan that he'll be reassigned to the mailroom or something to that effect.