The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Pyro gearing

Argusen

Hi there. Need some help with my recently leveled pyro. The problem is gear. I have full augmented (13 reflex aug, 1 acc) 186 gear with some 192 modifications.

Ear - 186 acc\power

craft implant - acc\power

implant - power\surge

wrists - power

head - acc\power

chest - acc\power

hands - acc\power

waist - power

legs - acc\crit

feet - acc\power\crit

offhand - power\crit\surge

main hand - power\crit\surge

Stats - 1025 power, 793 accuracy, 252 crit, 315 surge, 0 alacrity.

I've recently read in dulfy that pyro needs some alacrity. Does alacrity make a real increase of dmg? If yes, so pls help to optimize my current gear for alacrity pyro.

p.s current dps - 3164 unbuffed and without use of adrenal and fuel.

Edited by Argusen

Hi there. Need some help with my recently leveled pyro. The problem is gear. I have full augmented (13 reflex aug, 1 acc) 186 gear with some 192 modifications.

Ear - 186 acc\power

craft implant - acc\power

implant - power\surge

wrists - power

head - acc\power

chest - acc\power

hands - acc\power

waist - power

legs - acc\crit

feet - acc\power\crit

offhand - power\crit\surge

main hand - power\crit\surge

Stats - 1025 power, 793 accuracy, 252 crit, 315 surge, 0 alacrity.

I've recently read in dulfy that pyro needs some alacrity. Does alacrity make a real increase of dmg? If yes, so pls help to optimize my current gear for alacrity pyro.

p.s current dps - 3164 unbuffed and without use of adrenal and fuel.

That is some low, low power + crit ratings. My guess is you're using commendations gear. Pro-tip, this is a bad idea.

Your first bet to doing more DPS is to go get good enhancements. The cheapest way to do this is to run ziost, then use your ziost comms + basic comms on getting gear for the enhancements. You lose some endurance and depending on the rating of the enhancement (192+), some Surge/Acc/Alac, but in return you get a massive boost to Power / Crit ratings.

Doing that will probably net you about 500 extra power, which is something you really want. Also do you have any relics? The crafted relics will add about 100 DPS extra each, so thats another ~200-250 dps you're missing out on (get power + aim proc ones).

Finally, on alacrity. You need the APM to utilize it. If you can't keep your APM up to abuse the extra alacrity, it isn't worth it. But if you can, alacrity is arguably the best stat in the game. I'm running 720 alacrity because not only does it make it more fun, but you can feel the difference - everything is faster, and because of this you hit higher numbers in the long run because your damage is more compacted. And in an operation with downtime, it means I can be more abusive towards my resource management as I regenerate more during the downtime, and my resource cooldowns come back quicker.

Yes, I'm using mix of commendations gear, some elite and from gtn ones. Yes, I have relics: Crafted serendipitous and focused retribution. Thanks for the Ziost, dont even know about gear there. But there are too many crit on them. Does pyro really need that amount of it? And I still want to try playing with some alac. I think i can keep my APM, the average apm with a current gear ranges between 31.4-32. It would be great if u can write approximate stat ratings for 186-190 gear. It will really help me to optimize my current gear, to change augments, mods and so on. But nevertheless thank you for some usefull information.

Yes, I'm using mix of commendations gear, some elite and from gtn ones. Yes, I have relics: Crafted serendipitous and focused retribution. Thanks for the Ziost, dont even know about gear there. But there are too many crit on them. Does pyro really need that amount of it? And I still want to try playing with some alac. I think i can keep my APM, the average apm with a current gear ranges between 31.4-32. It would be great if u can write approximate stat ratings for 186-190 gear. It will really help me to optimize my current gear, to change augments, mods and so on. But nevertheless thank you for some usefull information.

For pyro, Atleast on a dummy parse your APM should be about 46-48ish this might be Abit high...I have like 800 alacrity, but point being it should be higher then that...is this a dummy parse or is it in a fight? You should maintain about 36-40 depending on the fight, maybe even more

Edited by GhOsTPrOz

For pyro, Atleast on a dummy parse your APM should be about 46-48ish this might be Abit high...I have like 800 alacrity, but point being it should be higher then that...is this a dummy parse or is it in a fight? You should maintain about 36-40 depending on the fight, maybe even more

That does seem a little high even for 800 alacrity, by default (0 alacrity) your APM should be ~39-40, so 800 alacrity would be ~44 APM. You sure you aren't thinking of AP/Tactics?

That does seem a little high even for 800 alacrity, by default (0 alacrity) your APM should be ~39-40, so 800 alacrity would be ~44 APM. You sure you aren't thinking of AP/Tactics?

No your right my bad...I haven't really done a parse in Plasma in a good while...just kinda estimated and as I said it was alittle high, not too far off though.

Well, I got all modification from Ziost and now Im full 190-192. Im at 998 power right now (it became lower due to my augments change), got more crit - 452, 219 surge and 669 alacrity. But now, with all those changes, i got like 10-20 increase dmg... and some more apm, like 39-42... My best dps record on op dummy in my previous gear was 3.340 (no burst). Now with my current stats i've got sometimes 3.350-60 dps... It made me feel sad -_- Edited by Argusen