The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Super rare mean Super rare

Just a thought, but maybe super rare item should mean super rare.

My platinum item from a deep core crate I got was a tund belt on BC gtn right now for 12.5k, mean while from the remaining 24 packs inside I got, the Satele statue, throne of enlightenment, and 2 Vrake all selling for north of a million.

Also I think game developers have no recelection of what in game items actually sell for, cause the quests in FF14 during the quest lines the npc gives you a reward choice of a Might materia IV which sells for about 300k, or a 500 gil token, i mean really lol.

Just a thought, but maybe super rare item should mean super rare.

My platinum item from a deep core crate I got was a tund belt on BC gtn right now for 12.5k, mean while from the remaining 24 packs inside I got, the Satele statue, throne of enlightenment, and 2 Vrake all selling for north of a million.

Yeah, I think it should be either a decoration, a mount/regen item/hawkeye crystal, or a whole armor set(and I don't mean cybernetic). Something that's not trash.

Sure they can know what stuff will go for, I mean hello the monocycle and jetpack huge decorations like the Satele statue will go for a fortune, a) they are rare, b) they look awesome and everyone wishes they had one.

Just as they know ALL cyborg stuff will be worthless as they are ALL ugly no one wants them.

It should have been either a full armour and not the cyborg junk, the Satele deco, or the cycle or Vrake mounts.

It never should be ANY crystal, they are always common and not that hard to get, especially the worthless pvp ones.

i don't think people understand the concept of 'super rare" vs. say "common"

take for instance Ball toss or the rep/imp banners from the first packs released over a year ago; there are STILL over 6 pages of them listed for less than 500credits. you can't give the things away.

Take that with say something recently that has a <1% chance of dropping which I say would be super rare now take that times the 3 or 4 packs someone might buy times a few 1000 people and you start to get something that can occur fairly frequently, just by sheer volume of items purchased.

It isn't defined as super rare because they are limited supply, they are super rare given their relative chance of dropping. If people buy lots of something, odds increase that the something drops. There are some super rares that are rarer than others.

RNG can be a cruel god

Some super rare items i get a lot more than others. It has to be by design i mean look at the drop rates and prices on gtn.

There's little doubt it's by design.

I bet that the "super rare" category has its own invisible sub divisions, where the first 95% of the loot table consists of complete and utter crap like war hero crystals, while the good stuff is all hidden in the last 5%. So basically even if the RNG is with you and you get a super rare, there's only a one in twenty chance of it being something good.

And 5% is probably generous. It's probably far less than that. ;)

Edited by Callaron

That. Giradda's Rancor can also be regarded as a super rare mount, but i think it looks like Las Vegas vomitted nuclear waste.

And for that exact reason is why a lot of people like it :p