Is the game going through some sort of decline?

soppp

But before summer kids have school and adults have school and work or just work, so how does that even make sense? Don't give me that mentality crap, that's just the way things are lol.....

I am playing less this summer than I did in the winter as I am still working on my parlegal degree this summer and my classes are getting harder as I approach my last year of college.

I also go outside instead of staying on the game every day. I play two or three days a week with my boyfriend, the rest I am enjoying the sunshine and doing school work.

Sometimes people decide to enjoy the sunshine, especially if they are in areas where it snows a lot in the winter.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is the ebb and flow of MMOs. It is somewhat seasonal, but it is also dependent on what other shinies in and outside of the game are available.

It gets super hot here so I enjoy my time indoors playing this game when I have the time. I'm far removed from the first year mania where the game dominated my schedule. lol

I predict that this game will be shut down come winter 2017

I actually think it will be next year.

Firstly, they will cash in for Episode 7 this Christmas with endless packs of cartel/Episode 7 related tat. The population will drop like a stone again around February/March - unless they repeat the disaster of 3.0

I do believe that the licence is due for renewal next year (it could be 2017) but counting development time, brings it to 2016 and given the lack of care and attention shown this year, the massive drop in money from the cartel market (see EA Q4 report) I don't think it will get renewed by EA and they will officially give up on making MMOs and admit defeat to WoW after launching 2 failed ones.

I do believe that the licence is due for renewal next year (it could be 2017) but counting development time, brings it to 2016 and given the lack of care and attention shown this year, the massive drop in money from the cartel market (see EA Q4 report) I don't think it will get renewed by EA and they will officially give up on making MMOs and admit defeat to WoW after launching 2 failed ones.

The Star Wars license is with EA until 2023.

What in the Q4 report has you saying CM sales had a "massive drop"? I may have missed something, but digital net revenue in general ($602 million, non-GAAP) and "extra content and PC free-to-play" in particular ($247 million) were both up (contributing to EA performing above guidance for the quarter). I didn't see any breakdown in the Financial Results or the Investor Call that talked about SWTOR's specific piece of the pie, let alone singling it out as an under-performing.

Edited by DarthDymond