lightsaber skill and the Force

Sadishist

Yes, the more strength in the force one has, the more they can enhance their physical abilities such as precognitive reflexes, speed, power etc.

Of course, skill and amount of practice one spends training in it is a huge factor too.

Yes, the more strength in the force one has, the more they can enhance their physical abilities such as precognitive reflexes, speed, power etc.

Of course, skill and amount of practice one spends training in it is a huge factor too.

Yeah training and experience plays a factor, but I was talking more about natural talent and potential.

Edited by Sadishist

I guess it's like anything, the more of one you have, the less of the other you need.

This sounds reasonable enough. Training martial arts is cool - you get in better shape and eventually develop some reflexive responses to situations. But if you run into someone with the same training who is also stronger and faster you're still in trouble. Or if you don't have much training you can still manage someone significantly weaker than yourself.

Trying to use entry-level ju-jutsu against a man a head taller and half again my weight... I'm not throwing him unless he allows it when we practice. And floor techniques is just me sliding across the tatami when I try to move his arm. :o

This sounds reasonable enough. Training martial arts is cool - you get in better shape and eventually develop some reflexive responses to situations. But if you run into someone with the same training who is also stronger and faster you're still in trouble. Or if you don't have much training you can still manage someone significantly weaker than yourself.

Trying to use entry-level ju-jutsu against a man a head taller and half again my weight... I'm not throwing him unless he allows it when we practice. And floor techniques is just me sliding across the tatami when I try to move his arm. :o

This is very true, when I was training in taekwondo, we spent a great deal of time learning how to nullify height, weight and reach advantages, or to prevent another skilled opponent from doing just that when we enjoyed the advantage.

It seems like being strong in the force certainly helps your lightsaber skills. It allows you to intuitively know when and where you should put your blade to block, parry or strike. But it only seems to go so far. Maybe it's just a mechanic thing, but our Sages and Sorcerers, who are probably the strongest characters we can have in the Force, have the weakest blade skills. They don't get the Willpower -> Melee Damage thing that Shadows and Assassins do, who aren't quite as strong in the force as Sages and Sorcerers, but supplement it with actual lightsaber training (albeit with a saberstaff instead.)

By the way, I continue to find it hilarious that on a STAR WARS based game and forum, lightsaber gets the red squiggly line of misspelled-ness.