The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Hypercrates

My question, are they really worth it ? I've done some research and found a lot of people disappointed. Saying they pretty much got the same crate 24x over. Is that how it really is? This thread was from 2013 so maybe they fixed it ? I'm not sure. Please help me in my decision with this! I have a buddy who bought one and was satisfied, I asked him what he got but he was being a punk and told me to buy one myself and see what I got... BIG HELP. what a friend right? Anyways. All feedback is appreciated! :rak_04:

It is random. Completely and absolutely random. If you don't have the stomach to risk not getting everything you want, then buy the hypercrate and sell it unopened.

If you enjoy opening surprise boxes to see what you get, you will probably like it. The chances of you getting something worthwhile is pretty good. If you have the patience to wait, you can make a lot of money selling leftover items when the pack is no longer available.

But if you do open it, realize that it is random. You don't deserve to get anything no matter how much you spend. It is random, random, random.

If you're not interested in being surprised, just sell the packs unopened and buy what you want from the GTN. You'll feel a lot better.

Disclaimer: I love opening packs. My guild makes a night of it when they come out. We trade and usually end up with complete sets of most things, have enough to give away random things to friends, and then sell the unwanted items. But that's how I do it. I have no issues with getting a bad run of packs. I don't recommend this to everyone.

I'm sorry but Hypercrates (To me at least) is worth it. Honestly I believe I'm just an addict for opening lottery-esk items and the RNG isn't that bad either.

Now would you like to experience rage? Look up a little action MMO by the name of Dragon Nest (Not sure if I'm allowed to mention other games here, if not sorry) and go ahead and put $50 onto your account and buy a bundle of Dragon Eggs.

Why do I suggest this? Well said eggs have approx. 30 items within them with maybe 3-4 being worth while and rare. How rare? Well lets just say that you can very well spend over $700 on these items and not get anything near worth it, while other people will spend the mere $50 and get every rare item and in some cases duplicates of said item.

Compared to that RNG hell the RNG in this game is leagues better and I'd prefer opening packs here than there.

P.S. Please don't ask me how much I've spent in DN it's undoubtedly embarrassingly high lmao

I think it's worth it when there's LOTS of stuff you want to get. When Strongholds were out, I bought plenty of those, because each pack had two decorations in it, and it was even cheaper than GTN(though weapons and endless cybernetic armor was pretty meh). With Nighttime hypercrates or first shipment ones, where the chance to get, say, top Xoxaan or Tulak Hord's helmet or a rancor or Nihilus' mask are close to nil, I wouldn't recommend buying it.