What's wrong with the Sage's highlights?

DomiSotto

I am looking at Sage's notes, and save for half the terminology in Imperial wording, and hugely increased cost o fthe abilities... this one puzzled me:

Conveyance no longer highlights its associated healing abilities when active.

Huh? Why not?

Edited by DomiSotto

I'd guess it's because some of the affected abilities have other procs as well, and they don't want the Conveyance highlight to "block" the highlights of the other procs. It makes some sense, since Conveyance will proc from every Rejuvinate and therefore is quite easy to keep track of anyway, whereas instant + free Benevolence and instant Salvation are a bit different because of icd and rng respectively.

Though they could have kept the Conveyance highlight on, say, Healing Trance. That way Conveyance would be highlighted without obscuring other procs.

Edited by diadox

I'd guess it's because some of the affected abilities have other procs as well, and they don't want the Conveyance highlight to "block" the highlights of the other procs. It makes some sense, since Conveyance will proc from every Rejuvinate and therefore is quite easy to keep track of anyway, whereas instant + free Benevolence and instant Salvation are a bit different because of icd and rng respectively.

Though they could have kept the Conveyance highlight on, say, Healing Trance. That way Conveyance would be highlighted without obscuring other procs.

If I'm reading the patchnotes right, we're losing both the procs you mention because the replacement thingie they're doing for the Force Surge stacks (I main the sorc, not the sage--I mean the proc that stacks 3 times) is only for the consumption replacement.

No more free Benevolence and insta Salvation if my interpretation is correct. We'll find out tomorrow, but no need to wait to...I'm gonna put this very euphemistically..."express concern."

No more free Benevolence and insta Salvation if my interpretation is correct. We'll find out tomorrow, but no need to wait to...I'm gonna put this very euphemistically..."express concern."

I hope you are incorrect, because that were pretty much it for insta-casts....

If I'm reading the patchnotes right, we're losing both the procs you mention because the replacement thingie they're doing for the Force Surge stacks (I main the sorc, not the sage--I mean the proc that stacks 3 times) is only for the consumption replacement.

Hmm, it does not read that way to me :confused:

The Noble Sacrifice effect of Resplendence has been removed and redesigned with Vindicate: Vindicate restores 5 additional Force and reduces activation time by 0.25 seconds for each of the first two Resplendence charges, or makes it activate instantly with the third charge. Consumes all charges.

I don't see why they would specify "The Noble Sacrifice effect of Resplendence" if they redesigned Resplendence entirely. Wouldn't they just say "Redesigned Resplendence"? I think that means the new effect replaces the Noble Sacrifice part of Resplendence, while the Salvation part remains the same.

And Altruism, the talent that gives instant Benevolence, is untouched. The only thing other than Noble Sacrifice + Resplendence that is tweaked in anything other than numbers is Amnesty, which is just the talent dealing with Noble Sacrifice's force regen debuff.

But you're right, the wording on Resplendence isn't clear enough for us to know for sure without checking it out for ourselves.

Edited by diadox