4-5 PM CDT: SWTOR Developer Livestream on Yavin Stronghold and Togruta

Koichi

Tatooine is bigger than the other strongholds but it is roughly the same price as Nar Shaddaa. They gave away half of the Nar Shaddaa stronghold to subscribers back then for free, which is why it may not have been too expensive for you, but if you count those rooms, Nar Shaddaa is even more expensive than Tatooine.

I don't like either of those planets, Kaas City is fine.

I'm wondering if in this live stream they'll tease us a little with Fallen Empire. I definitly hope we get a 5th slot for strongholds, being capped at 4 with a new one coming is uncool bioware. Torgruta , could be interesting but already dreading the army of ashoka tano clones we'll get swarmed with for the first month of there release laughs. :o

I'm going for Shaak-Ti with her rags as her outfit. :D

I too hope they answer the question about if we will have to deactivate one of our strongholds as this is my number one worry. If I can’t have five strongholds I’ll probably just pass on Yavin Four as I’ve put too much work into decorating my current stronghold and in the large house I’ve spent too many credit unlocking all the rooms. Maybe I’ll get it if I start playing on another server. I’m also curious as to what the credit/cartel coin cost will be.

According to the stream, if I hear correctly, Togruta are planned for 3.3 but will be delayed if necessary. I am so glad they aren't scheduled to come late in the year! :D Edited by Gwena

I too hope they answer the question about if we will have to deactivate one of our strongholds as this is my number one worry. If I can’t have five strongholds I’ll probably just pass on Yavin Four as I’ve put too much work into decorating my current stronghold and in the large house I’ve spent too many credit unlocking all the rooms. Maybe I’ll get it if I start playing on another server. I’m also curious as to what the credit/cartel coin cost will be.

i agree i dont want to deactivate one of my strongholds its a pain and i will most likely pass on the base myself.

I can't believe they won't increase the number of strongholds and you have to deactivated one, it really tell you just how poor server performance is if it can't handle five strongholds (If this is the true cause). I can't think of any other reason to not increase it. I'm really sad about this and it make me unlikely to buy them as I don't want to give up my other strongholds. I don't want to choose between my old house and the new one ever time a new strongholds come out, talk about a waste of credit and money. Also I think they are losing so much money with this design flaw. I just don't get why they designed housing this way, as it already very limited compared to other games I've played.

Sadly they would make a ton of money if they could just sell access to more strongholds but I guess the engine is that bad. Oh well I guess I'll save some money.:(

Edited by SithEmpress

From the SWTOR Stream today, we know:

-Yavin IV Stronghold WILL be released with 3.3.

--July 21st is the official release for 3.3!

-There are 2 Starship hooks.

-16 Center Piece hooks

-Hook count and item limit will most likely be the same as Tatooine's limit.

-Cost for the stronghold will be fairly close to Nar Shadda or Tatooine. Both CC and Credits.

- There are SECRET objects you can interact with.

-Secret places to explore.

-Stronghold Cap is still 4.

Sorry, I lost the twitch. I wasn't at home.

Did they mentioned the cost of the stronghold?

My best regards! :rak_03:

They didn't give an exact amount, but they said it would be priced around Nar Shadda or Tatooine. CC and Credits. MY money is that it will be closer in price to Tatooine.

Edited by Koichi

They didn't give an exact amount, but they said it would be priced around Nar Shadda or Tatooine. CC and Credits. MY money is that it will be closer in price to Taooine.

That's cheap so. I expected to be like 25mil or so. Thanks a lot :rak_03:

That's cheap so. I expected to be like 25mil or so. Thanks a lot :rak_03:

Yeah. I was expecting 15 mil, but I'll be happy if it's cheaper. Just means the remaining credits go towards decorations :D

Well, that's a disappointment. I had hoped they'd have increased the stronghold cap to 5.

I'd also hoped that those who are maxed with 22 toons (like me) would be able to get more slots, so that they could actually enjoy the Togrutas on their chosen server.