My own new thread about animations bug with GH Lightsaber.

James_Mcturney

(((Posted it wrongfully in support service forums, my bad.)))

Custom effects disappear in combat, the blade is not 100% straight. Damm. Fix it cmon, it's about time, people will still get displeased about it until its fixed guys (since gree keeps coming back...), you might be losing clients. I would be happier if it were completely removed (transformed into a normal lightsaber, although the crooked blade still need fixing with or without the effect) and then redone in the future.

The "not being straight" is also because the lightsaber hilt (base) is not in a correct position in the wearer's hands i believe, but the blade seems to be where it's supposed to be, compared with other lightsabers.

One suggestion would be to remove the extra size or give an option about it and redo the effect from scratch, may be similar but by doing so would probably erase any bugs that can't be found/solved now, maybe use a similar effect from other non-buggy lightsabers/weapons.

It seems the sniper rifle (and probably all gree weaps) also loses it's cool beam effects when you switch companions, it would seem the bug thriggers because the Gree weapons only get extra effects when you draw the weapon normally, not in buggy situations where they disappear and instantly reaper; if that was fixed, probably the Gray helix and many other custom effects/particles/lights bugs etc would also disappear from the game.

I.e. Whenever the character "drops" his weapon somehow, he must either come out of it with the full weapon drawn animation or the weapon must be fully sheated and drawn again quickly.

This could be done with twin saber throw if the whole animation completes faster, specially the return part, and when they return, they return disabled, only to be quickly enabled again (therefore activating the special effects + it would be cool because turning a LS on is always nice).

Edit: Can confirm all i said previously, also the GH Lightsaber hilt really looks crooked, making the blade not aligned, should be easy to align them. The custom effects also disappear when you use saber throw (probably on dispatch too), only, at least in my sentinel, tested with many crystal collors. This problem is worst for marauders/guardians it seems, since other classes don't sheate or somehow hide/loose their weapons in skill animations or similar. The best thing is the saber staff, it looks awesome and doesn't bug at all, tried everything that bugged the lightsaber but nope, double bladed lightsaber = safe, guess not all weapons are buggy, the single hilt is the one that needs most love.

Edited by James_Mcturney
Just got more info, corrected old typos.