Last night I had a dream...

Nemarus

... that the devs did a balance pass, but the only change was to add Plasma Railgun to the Bloodmark/Spearpoint.

It was hilarious, and my brain simulated a pretty faithful match for me to play it.

I was using Tensor Field, Distortion Field, Power Dive, and Running Interference. I don't know why I didn't think to use Targeting Telemetry.

The dreamed match was a TDM. I started off just laying into a furball with Plasma, from 15km out. I wasn't getting tons of kills, but I was dealing a lot of damage. I was ignored at first, but then some Strikes and Scouts finally came to run me off (I used TF to be able to outrun even the Scout, until my Dampening Sensors got me off their scanners). I didn't have to contend with other Gunships, but I remember thinking that TF+DF+RI Evasion would keep me relatively safe.

Once my pursuers gave up chase, I'd swing back and start laying into them with Plasma again.

Because it was a dream, I was aware that they were growing increasingly infuriated with me, and devoting more of their attention to me, leaving them vulnerable to the rest of my team.

Eventually the dream got too weird to be useful or fun simulation, but now I am left wondering just what that would be like--if the weakest Scout got the weakest railgun.

I am NOT suggesting this change happen. No one but Gunships should ever have a railgun. But I do think it is an interesting scenario to think through.

Would anyone play the T3 Scout as a purely offensive choice? Would they use TT or TF?

Or would it at least be enough to stop people from self-destructing after using Tensor Field?

Obviously if it were Slug or Ion, the ship would immediately be top tier. But ... Plasma Railgun, in its current, underwhelming form? I don't know. I think it would still be a novelty build -- granted, a very unique and fun one.

Of course, if this ever did happen, it would mean that Plasma Railgun absolutely could never be buffed to parity with the other Railguns.

... now I'm wondering about Plasma Railgun strapped to Strikes...

Da *** brain.

Edited by Nemarus

Love the bizzare amount in that semi-proposal. And is actually quite similiar to thuoghts.

What IF t3 GS had a plasma railgun from the start(definitly not changed now ,from SLUG to PLASMA)

And actually not a bad one, when you think about it.

Best mobility of all snipe ships, TT would nicely compansate for lack t4 accuracy tracking talent, crit on plasma would deliver nice dmg, and weak hull would make it very "killable" by other ships.

Propalby you would have to remove armor component not to have 33% base evasion GS.

You could stack evasion using RI and relying an accuracy buff from TT

damn...that would be some ship to fly!

I don`t know if it would meta worthy and ofc no missiles(system slot taken by TT/TF)

But for 100% it would be tons of fun flying.

Hmmm...Tensor with 6% evasion+ incresed mobility vs TT with 8% evasion,accuracy buff and crit chance and crit magnitude....TT for me. As always...mostly due to the uptime

I actually want this to be a real thing:D

Edited by Etrii