You Know Sentinel / Marauder Is In A Bad Place When Story Content Is Difficult

Just a few credentials, I am a Living Legend, Manhunter, 6 level 60s, cleared Rav/ToS. I am rolling a Sentinel, and even being overleveled and overgeared I wipe on some bosses and even some hard mobs. I have to pull out everything to get by, using all my cc, stims, medpacs, heroic moment. It should not be this hard, and don't even get me started on warzones..

On the other classes I've played like vigilance or scrapper I often play without a companion because its so easy its boring.

Sentinel / Marauder need at least a +10% damage reduction and at least some of the CC immunity the other advanced classes enjoy. This class is not "advanced" or "a veteran class" no L2P, its just crummy.

Edited by KevinQCowart

I used a tank companion as a Sentinel and sometimes a healer, but mostly a tank because they keep the aggro. I recommend using one of your 60's and getting a set of gear for one of your companions by doing the Yavin 4 weeklies it's a very nice upgrade.

Just a few credentials, I am a Living Legend, Manhunter, 6 level 60s, cleared Rav/ToS. I am rolling a Sentinel, and even being overleveled and overgeared I wipe on some bosses and even some hard mobs. I have to pull out everything to get by, using all my cc, stims, medpacs, heroic moment. It should not be this hard, and don't even get me started on warzones..

On the other classes I've played like vigilance or scrapper I often play without a companion because its so easy its boring.

Sentinel / Marauder need at least a +10% damage reduction and at least some of the CC immunity the other advanced classes enjoy. This class is not "advanced" or "a veteran class" no L2P, its just crummy.

Just wait what you'll get from mmmbuddah :) Didn't you know we are invincible by default?

It's not hard, but it is harder than other classes for sure. It's been this way for a long time.

Your DPS is similar to other classes and you have less defensive abilities and not much healing capabilities. I made my assassin to level 60 without ever having to regenerate health. With marauder it's regen after every single battle.

Part of the problem is that they pulled Defensive Forms apart and spread it across the utility tree rather than making it bass line for all speccs (I still don't understand the reasoning behind this). Take Ardor if you're at the right level and just spam Transcendence whenever you can. +10% ranged/melee defense is better than nothing.

That said, if you want a tankier specc - play Watchma/Annihilation.

Edited by Juithtin

Uh, I leveled my Sent from 55 to 60 in Concentration (Smash), wearing blue 172s with Treek in the 192 legacy gear you get from doing Yavin, and had no problems, ever. And this was after having not touched Smash spec since 8v8 ranked disappeared with patch 2.4.

But if you want an easier class to do basic content with, you could reroll Lightning Sorc and spam Force Storm every 3 seconds. It's still laughable for trash.

EDIT: And wait, you want buffs based on how it feels to do your class content pre-60, pre-probably-half-of-your-defensive-abilities, et cetera? Okay.

Edited by Aetrus

Uh, I leveled my Sent from 55 to 60 in Concentration (Smash), wearing blue 172s with Treek in the 192 legacy gear you get from doing Yavin, and had no problems, ever. And this was after having not touched Smash spec since 8v8 ranked disappeared with patch 2.4.

But if you want an easier class to do basic content with, you could reroll Lightning Sorc and spam Force Storm every 3 seconds. It's still laughable for trash.

EDIT: And wait, you want buffs based on how it feels to do your class content pre-60, pre-probably-half-of-your-defensive-abilities, et cetera? Okay.

I've actually done better than that: 55-60 in 172s in concentration spec with Kira in 172s

I've actually done better than that: 55-60 in 172s in concentration spec with Kira in 172s

Uh, I leveled my Sent from 55 to 60 in Concentration (Smash), wearing blue 172s with Treek in the 192 legacy gear you get from doing Yavin, and had no problems, ever.

Well perhaps I've exposed my noobishness :(. Aetrus, Kwerty you guys a basically celebrities to the SWTOR community for the rest of us mere mortals Sent/Mara is quite painful, and I shuttered to think of the frustration day one newbies go through.

Aetrus, ironically before you posted I pulled Treek from collections and fully outfitted her with tank gear and have been using Concentration spec. Lord Scourge just couldn't survive certain encounters, and Doc fell short on HPS sometimes. Treek works excellent as a tank with offheals.

I've been doing decent in warzones provided I have some heals. Otherwise I'm kamikaze, try to do as much damage before im stunlocked and globalled. When the opportunity presents itself autocrit smashes on a mob at mid/doors and cyclone slash is brutal. I can physically see the enemy team going,"holy ****, spread out"

Maybe the conclusion of my post was hasty, but my real concern is that for new/casual players becoming adept at Sent/Mara will be a miserable experience and definitely not a great first impression of the game.

I rolled a Sentinel because I need a challenge. For example, I have so much kiting tools on my Balance/Madness toons I almost never die and get top DPS, and I'm just a below-average PvPer.

Edited by KevinQCowart

Maybe the conclusion of my post was hasty, but my real concern is that for new/casual players becoming adept Sent/Mara will be a miserable experience and definitely not a great first impression of the game.

That is my biggest problem. It doesn't take more than 1-2 days to fully adapt to changes for me, but for newbies, the current Watchman for example is terrible.

Well perhaps I've exposed my noobishness :(. Aetrus, Kwerty you guys a basically celebrities to the SWTOR community for the rest of us mere mortals Sent/Mara is quite painful, and I shuttered to think of the frustration day one newbies go through.

Aetrus, ironically before you posted I pulled Treek from collections and fully outfitted her with tank gear and have been using Concentration spec. Lord Scourge just couldn't survive certain encounters, and Doc fell short on HPS sometimes. Treek works excellent as a tank with offheals.

I've been doing decent in warzones provided I have some heals. Otherwise I'm kamikaze, try to do as much damage before im stunlocked and globalled. When the opportunity presents itself autocrit smashes on a mob at mid/doors and cyclone slash is brutal. I can physically see the enemy team going,"holy ****, spread out"

I actually outfitted my Treek with mostly DPS gear and put her in heal stance. I mean, I tried both, and I found that Treek as heals gave me more uptime. I never had to stop after a fight and heal up myself, but as a tank, no matter how much better than the other tanks she was, could never keep aggro, especially on a boss fight or against a gold mob. So, that worked for me.

And midbie WZs on a Sentinel is cancer. I played one Novare at 55 on my Sent in Watchman and wanted to slit my wrists the entire time. Don't do it without a healer because you'll hate life.