Which Spec for PvE?

Highsis

Well this is a hard one mainly because I deeply feel the changes to the class have made it much worse.

Jedi Sentinel

Combat

This spec is excellent, providing you do not have to move. Extremely high burst and I can usually pull off a decent 4.4k DPS on a fight if I don't move however, the second you move or the boss becomes immune for some seconds that DPS will drop to3.5 rapidly, so it's quite an annoying spec to use and the only fight I use it for is Commanders in TOS.

Watchman

This spec is your dot spec, due to the changes made it's harder to use as you can only be away from the boss for 6 seconds before your dots wear off, you spend most of your time just dotting rather than doing any damage. Saying that I use this spec for mostly every fight and I am usually the lowest DPS at around 3.2 - 3.4. On the first boss in TOS I can get as high as 5.5k

Focus

This spec I don't use at all, mainly because the rotation is quite challenging and with the nature of the bosses I don't feel it actually fits in anywhere.

I hope this helps.

Well this is a hard one mainly because I deeply feel the changes to the class have made it much worse.

Jedi Sentinel

Combat

This spec is excellent, providing you do not have to move. Extremely high burst and I can usually pull off a decent 4.4k DPS on a fight if I don't move however, the second you move or the boss becomes immune for some seconds that DPS will drop to3.5 rapidly, so it's quite an annoying spec to use and the only fight I use it for is Commanders in TOS.

Watchman

This spec is your dot spec, due to the changes made it's harder to use as you can only be away from the boss for 6 seconds before your dots wear off, you spend most of your time just dotting rather than doing any damage. Saying that I use this spec for mostly every fight and I am usually the lowest DPS at around 3.2 - 3.4. On the first boss in TOS I can get as high as 5.5k

Focus

This spec I don't use at all, mainly because the rotation is quite challenging and with the nature of the bosses I don't feel it actually fits in anywhere.

I hope this helps.

Actually the last one is Concentration :) It's best for fights where you need high burst and target swapping at the same time (Revanite Commanders, Dread Commanders, Bestia, even Sparky for example) but I don't recommend it as main spec.

Edited by jauvtus

Hi, I'm new to mara and have no idea which spec to choose for PvE.

Could you give me a rundown of each of the specs and tell me what gives the highest dps? Thanks!

Annihilation. Except for add-heavy fights like Revanite Commanders, then Carnage.

Annihilation. Except for add-heavy fights like Revanite Commanders, then Carnage.

Annihilation got worse for single target dmg with new patch. I can outdps many myself but I'm not sure it's a good choice for a starter.

Annihilation got worse for single target dmg with new patch. I can outdps many myself but I'm not sure it's a good choice for a starter.

Annihilation might actually be better for revanite commanders now, what with the 6 second cauterize and decent force sweep and everything...

Annihilation might actually be better for revanite commanders now, what with the 6 second cauterize and decent force sweep and everything...

I say carnage is a great spec for commanders. cyclone slash is the most underrated AOE in game; the great thing is that it replaces massacre so well in the rotation that carnage can change from AOE to single target rotation in one GCD providing a lot of utility depending on what you want to do (push boss, AOE everything or keep most of you single target in the boss while doing some AOE on the adds)

Would your explanations stand while leveling? All 3 specs seem to be effective depending on types and the number of enemies I face, it seems, and I can't figure out which is the quickest way to level.

Thanks, everyone!

Edited by Highsis

Would your explanations stand while leveling? All 3 specs seem to be effective depending on types and the number of enemies I face, it seems, and I can't figure out which is the quickest way to level.

Thanks, everyone!

What the poster above me said. Carnage/Combat. It's really simple now, very few buttons to learn, and the best AoE of the three for adds.