Strange TARGETING bug

WarCan

Ever since launch, I've had this problem. My friend only has it happen very, very rarely.

If I have an OPEN target (whether it's due to I just finished killing something or I've deliberately cleared it), and ANYONE in my group, whether it's a companion or teammate does ... anything that requires them targeting something, my target has now chosen that companion or teammate.

This is so frustrating for my melee characters as it's annoying enough already that, once I've cleared a target, and my auto-target has selected whomever has JUST damaged me and is usually farther away than the enemy right next to me.

To put it briefly, I always get a friendly as my next target. This wouldn't be so bad if I only ran a healer.

I think I've tried the auto-target tab on/off, but OFF only keeps me from just auto-attacking someone until I have targeted them. I need ANOTHER tab that says "only target THREATENING enemies" or something like that.

I've compared settings with my friend, but NOTHING (that should matter ... graphics, sound, etc are different) seems to change this for me. ANYONE have this problem AND a cure?

• 2 weeks later...
Ever since launch, I've had this problem. My friend only has it happen very, very rarely.

If I have an OPEN target (whether it's due to I just finished killing something or I've deliberately cleared it), and ANYONE in my group, whether it's a companion or teammate does ... anything that requires them targeting something, my target has now chosen that companion or teammate.

This is so frustrating for my melee characters as it's annoying enough already that, once I've cleared a target, and my auto-target has selected whomever has JUST damaged me and is usually farther away than the enemy right next to me.

To put it briefly, I always get a friendly as my next target. This wouldn't be so bad if I only ran a healer.

I think I've tried the auto-target tab on/off, but OFF only keeps me from just auto-attacking someone until I have targeted them. I need ANOTHER tab that says "only target THREATENING enemies" or something like that.

I've compared settings with my friend, but NOTHING (that should matter ... graphics, sound, etc are different) seems to change this for me. ANYONE have this problem AND a cure?

I have the same issue.

It even happens if the rest of the group is out of range and out of sight. I've had it happen while stealthing the shields in Battle of Rishi: suddenly someone in the party will become my target (normally the healer if they just threw out a heal on someone, but not always).

It is really weird and annoying.

Pretty sure this is working as intended. When you have no one in your target, the next person to heal you/shield you or the next enemy to attack you will automatically become your target. As far as I know, there is no way to disable it besides making sure you always have someone in your target.