Makeb 140 mods gone after 3.2.1, not in the patch notes - bug?

Kulyok

So, purple Makeb mods with 140 rating(for level 50) were sold on Makeb until this Wednesday, when patch 3.2.1 came. Now those vendors sell 156 blue mods for level 53. 140 mods can't be found anywhere.

I'm wondering if it's a bug, and whether it's possible to bring those mods back, because they're both very useful for levelling(Corellia, Ilum, Black Hole, Belsavis bonus series, Section X, other places without Makeb bolster) and are an important part of the game's economy.

I think the bug was hat they removed them from fleet, not the planets. It's true for all the planetary vendors.

It doesn't mean I agree with the decision. Those mods were the best thing about Makeb after doing the story once on each faction at least.

I can understand the decision for making it 1 vendor every 4 levels, makes it easier to find mods you need. BUT even there they messed up, half the mods are identical in stats to others with a different name.

The 140 mods were nice, I would have preferred keeping those even if you had to go to Makeb to get them. I don't know anyone that gets the level 53 mods.

Only way to gear fresh level 50s to keep going now is to get the campaign gear, expensive when you hit 50 but I know I'll move some mods to legacy sets (don't have the comms on fresh 50s anyway, makeb mods were affordable to prepare people).

Or just wait to hit 53 and get free gear from the Revan Prelude.

Either way, if intentional they could have added it to the patch notes.

• 3 weeks later...

So, patch 3.2.2 is out - nothing about Makeb mods in it. Are they going to disappear forever, then?

Seriously, this is hurting level 50 characters and their companions - 146(old ops) equipment is much more expensive(75 comms via 18 comms at Makeb vendor), and it's not optimized, anyway. And 156 mods that Makeb vendor now sells are useless at levels 50-52.

The kids are still there. The fleet vendor for them are the level 51 mods. They just made them blue instead of purple and all the vendors had the planet name removed from them and are now level 13, 17 etc mod vendors. The stats are the same haven't changed, they just stream lined them so you can get the kids every 4 levels, cost only 2 comms each.

As per the patch notes on 4/28

The Planetary Modification and Equipment Vendors have gone through a large rework: The vendor's stocks have been adjusted to have a better variety of Modifications at a lower Commendation cost. In addition, the title of the NPCs has been changed to reflect the level of the items they sell.

Edited by Nightblazer
Added patch notes

So, patch 3.2.2 is out - nothing about Makeb mods in it. Are they going to disappear forever, then?

Seriously, this is hurting level 50 characters and their companions - 146(old ops) equipment is much more expensive(75 comms via 18 comms at Makeb vendor), and it's not optimized, anyway. And 156 mods that Makeb vendor now sells are useless at levels 50-52.

Pro-Tip:

Buy the level 50 campaign gear -> quest for ~2 hours -> turn the gear back to the vendor for a full refund -> repeat.

Bit annoying without 12x XP, but it's the cheapest solution.

Anyway, you don't really need a full set of gear. Blue 49 mods and a campaign main- and offhand are sufficient enough until lvl. 53.