New Torque Fire

Animation should be the same as before.

They just fixed the bug where the animation was shorter than the actual duration of the AoE.

(And according to datamining they also reduced the radius)

Edited by Sindariel

Animation should be the same as before.

They just fixed the bug where the animation was shorter than the actual duration of the AoE.

(And according to datamining they also reduced the radius)

Was the reduction in size mentioned (Percentage-wise)? PM Me the details if you could... i think mentioning Datamined things on the Forum is a no-no.

And i don't want to get in trouble, nor get you in trouble.

Edited by Otchiver
clarification

I just ran it and IMO it's worse than the last two iterations. Now the room just looks like there are 8 DFD's.

Maybe I'm just being hypercritical but I can't figure out how this one made the cut.

As a tank, I didn't mind the red or even the blue, but I can see why both were annoying for DPS. I candidly didn't even mind the huge fire, it was the smoke that was annoying, and the fact that it didn't all spawn at once.

I think it would be nice for a change if one of the fixes was actually an improvement, rather than a change from one set of annoyances to another. I found it difficult to quickly pick out the DFD from the fire, whereas in the past it was something that could be done at a glance. I just don't really know where I saw an outcry for a floor icon/telegraph vs. either less obnoxious fire than the initial release and/or floor graphics that didn't disappear before the area of the floor was actually safe and/or accurate representation of what is actually on fire vs what is not.

It would seem to me that a) iteration 1 (big fire) just without the smoke, or b) iteration 3 (red flames) but actually in the right place and for the right time - would both be a better solution than using a stripped down version of another mechanics from the same fight.

I thought they learned this lesson in Bestia and, more recently, Bulo - that it's just unnecessarily annoying design to make two mechanics look nearly identical.

Not the end of the world, but this really made me shake my head as being one of the dumber solutions to fixing a poorly designed operation mechanic.

Not really trying to complain, just really more shaking my head and laughing sadly.

edit: I believe the above screenshot is story mode, and perhaps that is different - in hard mode tonight there were many more circles than in that picture.

Edited by gabigool