Commando 192 Combat Medic set bonus still broken.

spatnatz

So according to the patch notes, all combat medic set bonuses were fixed. This is obviously not true.

I am rolling a 192 4-set and 180 2-set bonus on my commando/merc healing gear. Logged to my commando, he gets 13 seconds of supercharged cells. Mail the same gear set over to my merc, he gets 18 seconds. Clearly the 192 (5 second) bonus still isn't working for the commando, because as always, Bioware favors imps over pubs.

The set bonus has been out for almost 6 months now and still is not fixed for commando healers? And yet magically works for merc healers all along?

For shame, Bioware. For shame.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8217961#edit8217961

you guys tried this? I haven't been on since patch but I can live with just unequipping and reequipping gear. I'm sad I find this acceptable though...

Was literally logging in to say this.

Remove 3pc of set gear upon phasing into instance, put gear back on... and the extra time in ability should be there.

Unequipping and re-equipping works for mercs. I believe the same is not true for commandos though. The bonus has never worked for mercs either, they just got lucky and were able to re-equip to get the bonus. Which sucks since I do it after every wipe...

For starters, yes the set bonuses should work because the game says they should work. But with that out of the way… We're already the most powerful healers in PvE, and you're complaining that we're not even more powerful?! We don't need the set bonus. In fact, having it messes up our ammo a bit.

I won't complain when it's fixed. But I'm not going to go out of my way to work around its broken status, since it really and truly is unnecessary.

For starters, yes the set bonuses should work because the game says they should work. But with that out of the way… We're already the most powerful healers in PvE, and you're complaining that we're not even more powerful?! We don't need the set bonus. In fact, having it messes up our ammo a bit.

I won't complain when it's fixed. But I'm not going to go out of my way to work around its broken status, since it really and truly is unnecessary.

Don't worry Chicken Little, the sky won't fall just because they extended Supercharge, giving at most 2 more Healing Scans. I don't see how increasing Supercharge hurts resource management when it reduces the cost of healing scan by 5. You don't HAVE to use healing scan throughout the duration. But having the option is nice.

Not every merc/commando is a healing God like you, Chicken Little.

Don't worry Chicken Little, the sky won't fall just because they extended Supercharge, giving at most 2 more Healing Scans. I don't see how increasing Supercharge hurts resource management when it reduces the cost of healing scan by 5. You don't HAVE to use healing scan throughout the duration. But having the option is nice.

Not every merc/commando is a healing God like you, Chicken Little.

"Chicken Little" is a new one. I'll add it to my bucket list of names I've been called on the forums, right next to "dad" and slightly below "big-headed dilettante". "Healing God" is also a new one.

In any case, I do like that it makes Supercharge a bit more situational than just "spam Healing Scan", but it most definitely does throw off the rotation cost balance significantly. That doesn't make it a nerf or anything close to it (it is unambiguously a buff), but it's still annoying. My broader point was that it's a buff that we categorically do not need. We're already the leader of the pack; we don't need even more single-target burst potential.

"Chicken Little" is a new one. I'll add it to my bucket list of names I've been called on the forums, right next to "dad" and slightly below "big-headed dilettante". "Healing God" is also a new one.

As long as you don't lose sight of the sarcasm, and the moral of the story. I could care less what you have to convince yourself of to fall asleep at night.

In any case, I do like that it makes Supercharge a bit more situational than just "spam Healing Scan", but it most definitely does throw off the rotation cost balance significantly. That doesn't make it a nerf or anything close to it (it is unambiguously a buff), but it's still annoying. My broader point was that it's a buff that we categorically do not need. We're already the leader of the pack; we don't need even more single-target burst potential.

Kinda how many classes got buffs they certainly did not need, and gave up absolutely nothing in return. *Cough* CC immunity *Cough*

Edited by Osxoba