Small change to Kolto Overload/Adrenaline Rush that could make it much better.

Master-Nala

But if mercs continuously ask for ridiculous, crazy buffs, they're going to get nothing. If mercs want Kolto Overload to be able to reliably stand up to focus from multiple players, they're probably going to have to accept a nerf somewhere else, because the 8 second duration will be very, very strong in smaller fights.

So what exactly did assassins give up to be given CC immunity? That is way more overpowered than the 8 second KO healing for more.

Mercs are fine. There are more pressing matters to be attended to to fix PvP.

Oh yes, our resident troll. Hold on lemme help.

"REMOVE ALL STUNS AND CC FROM THE GAME"

"MERCS ARE OP"

"NO CLASS NEEDS ANYTHING"

/sarcasm

I'm hardly "hung-up" on 1000%, the opening post clearly states that as the increase, and later mentions getting 40% health in under a second. So what, about 12k hps or higher?

Look, I'm not anti-merc. They need some changes. But if mercs continuously ask for ridiculous, crazy buffs, they're going to get nothing. If mercs want Kolto Overload to be able to reliably stand up to focus from multiple players, they're probably going to have to accept a nerf somewhere else, because the 8 second duration will be very, very strong in smaller fights.

I actually think they did the right thing in theory with merc by buffing chaff flares, but the magnitude of the change was pathetic. for example, 5 absorbs in the Arsenal tree would be, imo, a good thing (bear in mind this is an activated passive ability like ED, so it allows the merc to continue fighting while absorbing dmg). HOWEVER, the absorbs are only good for tech/force attacks. They need to be applicable to ALL DIRECT DAMAGE. 5 absorbs with just 2 ppl hitting you is the equivalent of 2.5 GCDs. With 3 ppl hitting you, it's even less. That is not a lot time at all.

unfortunately, the way it works now, you still have to combine chaff flares with your 2nd best dcd (shield or adrenal or both!) because (e.g.) snipers and mercs and I think carnies(?) are going to go right through absorb.

I don't think 5 absorbs is a long duration at all. it's less than 6s with just two players focusing you. but if the genuine concern is that allowing an activated passive will turn the mercs into gods on the battlefield, then that's fine. I'm cool with that. we can tweak something else instead: take KO, which is relatively useless in its current state, and make it into a barrier-type ability that takes the merc out of combat for 6-8s, but prevents him taking dmg and give him a buff to the instant heal directly proportional to the time spent "barriered" so that he can, if in for the full 8s, h2f. so he gets a h2f at the cost of taking himself out of combat for 8s. surely that's a fair price to pay. now his dmg potential is mitigated by the fact that he's not actually impervious while fighting (not an activated passive), but he can force a focus swap and live longer with a costly h2f. and yes, this is basically the same thing sorcs have. and yes. it's homogenization to the Nth degree.

don't like it? F'ing fix absorbs and drastically raise the resist chance for the IO version (60% for 6s or 100% for 4 or 5s). the tradeoffs are clear: activated passive is considerably more limited in time of buff but allows continuous dps. barrier-type abil takes player out of combat for a longer duration but offers a h2f. assuming you can only "barrier" once per round, I fail to see how this could possibly break either ranked queue.

the issue is much merkier (c wut ah did thar?) with PTs. . because you would assume that they would get the same treatment juggs got with ED. that would be a disaster because while their dcds are basically the same as mercs, their ability to put out dmg is exponentially higher. they would definitely need to either be taken out of combat for the duration of the dcd (like sins, ops and maras with stealth) or have something else nerfed. personally, I would rather see a change to their shield so that it works more like deflection or saber ward wherein the first 2s that it's popped, they have a 100% dodge chance (or something really high) and the rest of the shield up time is a straight DR. keep KO as a 2nd breaker if spec'd and let it remain a relatively weak heal that kicks in at 40% but maybe extend it from 1m to 2m if you still want to make that specific abil more useful.

those are my favorite fixes. I would suggest that if KO becomes the solution, it still needs the possibility of being activated while stunned. so I would add that to master nala's tweak.

I'm not sure there's anything at all wrong with tanks, and playing a healer is tricky too, cuz I feel with guard I'm in very good shape with 2 ppl hitting me. and most classes, one person only tickles.

When have I ever even mentioned getting 3v1'd in ranked? Are you so deluded that you need to fabricate things just to justify a rebuttal to a critique of your own useless comments? I rarely see you contribute anything in most forum posts besides, "(insert topic here) is fine". That's about as spammy as all the whispers you get about buying credits.

Again, contribute or at least try and persuade someone as to why you think mercs don't deserve to have Kolto Overload upgraded to an ability that actually does something, or anything for that matter.

This entire thread is crying about being 3v1'd in ranked. Why else would you ask for more survivability?

This entire thread is crying about being 3v1'd in ranked. Why else would you ask for more survivability?

So apparently I'm the OP now? Your second question just shows your ignorance of the mercenary/commando classes, and what it is like to play one. This is why so many people refer to you as a troll: you have no idea what you are talking about.

So apparently I'm the OP now? Your second question just shows your ignorance of the mercenary/commando classes, and what it is like to play one. This is why so many people refer to you as a troll: you have no idea what you are talking about.

I play my Merc just fine because I realize that my survivability shouldn't be balanced around 3 people attacking me at once.

Actually, I said nothing of the sort. I didn't mention ranked or 3 v 1. What I've seen is that 1 or 2 people can burst through KO/AR these days. Which makes this a pretty weak ability for all Troopers/BH.

Actually, I said nothing of the sort. I didn't mention ranked or 3 v 1. What I've seen is that 1 or 2 people can burst through KO/AR these days. Which makes this a pretty weak ability for all Troopers/BH.

I'm not sure why anyone who regularly visits this forum would ever reply to that guy at this point. you know he's just screwing with ppl.

I do agree mercs need help. What I don't agree with is that you don't get help because the devs are busy "buffing" sent/mara, they never give what we ask either, they give us something totally different and then everyone cries we get buffs (btw utility tax only exist for us). As for you: I like the ideas regarding KO/AR, I think when activated, it should h2f (merc/mando passive) with the same speed, you shouldn't be able to be targeted, but can take damage from AoEs. Maybe also a utility to make it cleanse all debuffs. It would be a crossover from sorc bubble and op stealth: you cannot be damaged with targeting, just like sorcs, but can be damaged with AoE, just like ops. I wouldn't make it more hps than live, but in return you can continue to heal/dps, not like sorc/op.

Btw sometimes it seems like you forget that when others activate their "panic button", they can't do anything, also many sorcs don't get healed by bubble. Maybe you don't forget, but when reading your comments it certainly looks like.

Posted in another thread, would it be any good?

So what exactly did assassins give up to be given CC immunity? That is way more overpowered than the 8 second KO healing for more.

A utility point.

I don't think 5 absorbs is a long duration at all. it's less than 6s with just two players focusing you. but if the genuine concern is that allowing an activated passive will turn the mercs into gods on the battlefield, then that's fine. I'm cool with that. we can tweak something else instead: take KO, which is relatively useless in its current state, and make it into a barrier-type ability that takes the merc out of combat for 6-8s, but prevents him taking dmg and give him a buff to the instant heal directly proportional to the time spent "barriered" so that he can, if in for the full 8s, h2f. so he gets a h2f at the cost of taking himself out of combat for 8s. surely that's a fair price to pay. now his dmg potential is mitigated by the fact that he's not actually impervious while fighting (not an activated passive), but he can force a focus swap and live longer with a costly h2f. and yes, this is basically the same thing sorcs have. and yes. it's homogenization to the Nth degree.

don't like it? F'ing fix absorbs and drastically raise the resist chance for the IO version (60% for 6s or 100% for 4 or 5s). the tradeoffs are clear: activated passive is considerably more limited in time of buff but allows continuous dps. barrier-type abil takes player out of combat for a longer duration but offers a h2f. assuming you can only "barrier" once per round, I fail to see how this could possibly break either ranked queue.

Nice to see someone understand the massive power difference between off-gcd defensives and abilities like sorc barrier that prevent damage output while active. As much as I hate the idea of class homogenization, it cracks me up that just straight up replacing Kolto Overload with something similar to Sorc barrier would probably instantly fix mercs solo queue woes.

But since that's unlikely to happen, your comments on chaff flares are probably a more likely avenue for buffs. I totally agree and would love to see them change IO to 100% resist 4/5s duration, and you could even do a similar thing with Arsenal. Increase the number of absorbs to say 8, reduce duration to 4-5s. Keeps them strong against focus by multiple people, but not overpowered in a 1v1 scenario.

Since when has a 1000% increase in anything been a "small change". Bioware could definitely up the hps of Kolto Overload. In return they would probably have to shorten the duration. If mercs want an anti-focus cooldown of similar effectiveness to a marauder's undying rage, you have to remember undying rage has a base duration of only 4s.

And kolto overload is only 6 seconds............that is not much difference considering how god awful it is.