Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Alacrity augs for merc healer?

Lhancelot

• 2 weeks later...
It lets you run out of energy faster

Yeah, it's a shame alacrity doesn't offset the faster resource spending....oh wait, it does.

For the OP, I wouldn't recommend it, if it's not BiS for PvE, then it won't be for PvP either.

Yeah, it's a shame alacrity doesn't offset the faster resource spending....oh wait, it does.

For the OP, I wouldn't recommend it, if it's not BiS for PvE, then it won't be for PvP either.

Yeah. Seems a wash. Thanks for responding.

This is not necessarily true. As a healer you're going to be focused, and as a merc healer you're going to be focused even more. I ran BiS and did pretty good, but with all that focusing it was hard enough just getting heals off after being stunned or interrupted or knocked back. I switched to all Alacrity augs, and even switched out for Alacrity Enhancements. Currently at a little over 14% Alacrity (probably way too much, but I'm still fine tuning it). Not only am I able to get more heals off, I'm surviving a lot more. I may not be getting 15k crits anymore, but I'm actually getting more healing in than I used to.

Bottom line though, if you've got the time and creds, try it, see if it works for you. If it doesn't, well, at least now you know for sure.

It may not be BiS for merc heals, but a buddy of mine runs a full alacrity and power build (All alacrity and power enhancments and alacrity augments) and can get up to around 20% alacrity with his Reusable Adrenal and Alacrity Relic, his casts are super fast which offsets his lower healing. He can still crit in the 12k range on his big heals too. Personally I think that Mercs don't need alot of surge as a Healer, 5% from the crit buff, and 15% from Warden? that's 20% alone right there on heals! and you should have with no gear 51% surge (1% from companion buff) so that's 71% surge without any gear as long as you can keep the crit buff up.

It may not be BiS for merc heals, but a buddy of mine runs a full alacrity and power build (All alacrity and power enhancments and alacrity augments) and can get up to around 20% alacrity with his Reusable Adrenal and Alacrity Relic, his casts are super fast which offsets his lower healing. He can still crit in the 12k range on his big heals too. Personally I think that Mercs don't need alot of surge as a Healer, 5% from the crit buff, and 15% from Warden? that's 20% alone right there on heals! and you should have with no gear 51% surge (1% from companion buff) so that's 71% surge without any gear as long as you can keep the crit buff up.

It's actually 10% the crit buff and yes mandos can gear for lower surge if they like tbh I feel we have the most gearing flexibility out of the healers because of the 10% surge bonus on crit and surge is only applied on crit so it will always be positive.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.