PvP Guide for the Sentinels?

zigtechroxx

As someone who is a mainly a pvper with a bit of pve on the side I was wondering if someone could help me out. I really cannot seam to find much of a "guide" on the 3.0+ sentinels for pvp. I would like to know how to be a better pvp sentinel because right now I find myself to be pretty bad. I only average about 250k to 300k dmg a game. I don't have 2018 expertise yet as I am grinding wz commendations but I would still like some advice or a guide if anyone has one.

Thanks

If your only doing that much damage Im gonna assume you're a clicker. If you want to excell at pvp you need to have every ability bound so your not wasting time trying to find it on your bar every time you use an ability. That way your actions per minute are higher and in turn your gonna do more dps /live longer. Edited by Iamyourfatherr

I agree with the above poster. If you are only doing 300k damage in non-arena WZs, you must be clicking, on top of doing it blind with the wrong abilities on your quick bar. Oh, and most definitely afk at the same time... Even if you just ran around using master strike on cool down and dancing in between, you would match those numbers. My level 22 sentinel crushes those numbers every match.

Guides make thing so much easier, yes, but spending 10 minutes reading the tooltips of your abilities, all the info on your spec page, and just a couple drops of common sense could help you create a basic rotation utilizing rage/focus and maintaining constant DPS. Also, why would you not have full expertise while grinding coms for pvp gear? I see people without full expertise often and there lack of understanding of, or dismissal of basic knowledge on bolster really gets me annoyed. In any gear spot that you don't have pvp gear, put a 162 or lower PVE piece of gear and it will bolster fully, along with giving you full expertise. If you dont have this gear, you can either buy it cheap on the GTN, or spend 40 basic coms at the Rishi vender. All my mid level toons have full expertise. There is no reason for a level 60 player to not have full expertise.

Pugging carnage or Fury Marauder without heals on a losing team, 300-400k damage can happen. If you are pulling that with a solid healer or a dominant team, you do need assistance. But where you place on the final scoreboard matters more than the actual total though, because that is the context you played in.

I like Siris's guide for carnage above, has been good for me. (will wait for your anni one with interest).