The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Noble Titles

I had an idea in the shower. What if a cartel pack was provided by some kind of corrupt planetary system that sells off noble titles to whomsoever has the most cash. So that we can go around styling ourselves and Princes, Dukes, and Counts

Prince

Princess

Count

Countess

Duke

Duchess

Marquis

Marquess

Poobah

MucketyMuck

Etc.

I was thinking how I was annoyed I could be a Jedi Knight, but I couldn't be a princess Leia.

+1 and +<3

I'm hoping they'll add noble titles at some point. I've seen some Alderaan based RP guilds that would love that and I personally want to make all my characters Princesses (not really, maybe 1 XD)

By the by Sith Princess title needs to be a thing too!

I think that only female Bounty Hunters should be allowed to have the Baroness title since it is part of their storyline, but I wouldn't be against having other titles available to be earned. I would prefer having them earned, such as through a quest on Alderaan to become part of a noble house or perhaps a shady fake marriage deal for other titles.

• 3 weeks later...

Why just noble titles? How about some other titles to fit other classifications? How about some medical titles? (Doctor, Nurse, Medic ...) Or some crew skill titles? (Archaeologist, Slicer, Treasure Hunter...) Or maybe even a formal title? (Mr./Ms./Mrs...)

And instead of gambling to acquire these in Cartel Market packs, it would be nice if there was simply a new tab in the Cartel Market called Titles. Like how there are Consumables, Unlockables, or flat-out Equipment, a Titles tab for specific titles for those who feel the appropriate title would best complete their character.

• 3 months later...
Yeah, totally supporting that. Currently, only the female Bounty Hunter can become a Baroness(and maybe there's a Baron, don't care about the male one), and I've seen that title around a lot.
In case you're curious, it's Knight of Alderaan.

One of my favorite titles, simply because it's choice-dependent.

Republic characters can also earn Paladin of House Organa.

Anyway, support... But what's a MucketyMuck?

• 10 months later...

Bringing back an old idea I'd like to further it...

I think in the very least what should be done is to further with RP (which nobility titles are generally used for anyway) by allowing titles like "Emperor" or "Chancellor" or other leadership titles to guild leaders to signify their position within their guild. If that makes sense.. lol

• 2 weeks later...