Using Doc...(need help with him)

Rerednaw

I'm trying to like Doc...really.

Okay picked him up a little while ago. Immediately started using him...and started dying, a lot.

Sentinel, tried all 3 specs. Combat isn't really last that much longer, unless I use Watchman spec.

I noticed in combat Doc has a tendency to heal himself. Even if I'm at 10% health and he's at 90%+. So I turned off the channeled healing. That worked a bit better.

Just for kicks I switched Doc to offense and had him go against a single normal mob that he had 5 levels on. He died.

I've gone back to Kira. With her at least we can burn through mobs.

I don't expect a companion healer to keep my topped off, but I'm spending more time recovering after fight with Doc then I do with any other companion, including 2V-R8. I know I have to adjust my playstyle so looking for some tips.

Thanks!

On a side note, I used him for 3 straight levels...and ESC ed out of many conversations trying different choices...he got all of 100 affection during those 3 levels, putting him at about 4100 (*I gited him to 4k first). Went back to gifting and gave up on conversation affection gain. By comparison Kira just hit 10k.

I'm trying to like Doc...really.

Okay picked him up a little while ago. Immediately started using him...and started dying, a lot.

Sentinel, tried all 3 specs. Combat isn't really last that much longer, unless I use Watchman spec.

I noticed in combat Doc has a tendency to heal himself. Even if I'm at 10% health and he's at 90%+. So I turned off the channeled healing. That worked a bit better.

Just for kicks I switched Doc to offense and had him go against a single normal mob that he had 5 levels on. He died.

I've gone back to Kira. With her at least we can burn through mobs.

I don't expect a companion healer to keep my topped off, but I'm spending more time recovering after fight with Doc then I do with any other companion, including 2V-R8. I know I have to adjust my playstyle so looking for some tips.

Thanks!

On a side note, I used him for 3 straight levels...and ESC ed out of many conversations trying different choices...he got all of 100 affection during those 3 levels, putting him at about 4100 (*I gited him to 4k first). Went back to gifting and gave up on conversation affection gain. By comparison Kira just hit 10k.

The revelation of doc healing himself at 90% health and you at 10% health makes investing in the darkside mastery ability more appealable.