Double-Colors for Double-Sabers

Bjond-Sain

Wait... Yep, I thought there had already been a topic recently about this.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=812904

Anyway, yours is certainly a more elegant solution than what I had considered posting in that topic. My thought would have been to add the second crystal slot to all weapons and offhands so that everybody gets the extra buff (addresses those who were concerned that the idea would give double blade saber users a slight stat advantage over everyone else in pvp). But your way would avoid that issue entirely by not actually adding any new slots to anything.

(Although a thought for a compromise could be that they add the second slot to everything AND cut all crystal stats in half. Or just ignore the second slot (and hopefully it's made clear somehow that one slot is color-only and the other slot is color+stat.))

Regardless of whether it's using a second slot or putting the color in the offhand's slot to use, I was also thinking that another interesting touch for this idea would be to color-blend the two crystals on the (single wielded) regular lightsaber (could apply to blaster fire as well even though it might be hard to see the difference). Double blades and dual wields get one color applied to one side and the other color applied to the other side, but for the rest it generates a different color based on the two crystals or it shifts between the two colors or it uses the offhand color for special effects on top of the main effect colored by the mainhand crystal. (Or something. Not so clear on the specifics or on what would get the best results.)