What will be the new Rotation for Annihilation/Watchman for 3.2.1?

Warhams

I'm directing this question at members like Oofalong, Emperor Norton and Ardareel Solo plus some others who I've seen brainstorm and run numbers for new rotations for this patch with changes. I've seen all your work and suggestions in the PTS and I'm grateful for your time spent but since Bioware wants to implement these changes, we've got no choice but to roll with them.

Now í've seen posts where you gentleman have posted your 'best recommended' new rotations using the new ability timings, would it be possible to post them here? This is specifically for PVE. I'm trying to salvage this spec for HM ops and if the numbers aren't good enough or the new rotation too much of a pain, I've got to learn to use Carnage instead which I've not used before, been using Annihilation since I started the game. My skill level is slightly above average but I'm still not used to clipping Ravage, either I cut it off too early or too late :rolleyes:

Thanks all

P.S. I know theres a lot of negativity here and I understand but since the patch is incoming, we've got no choice but to play with these changes so I would like to try simply salvage the situation and play my class/spec.

Edited by Warhams

I'm directing this question at members like Oofalong, Emperor Norton and Ardareel Solo plus some others who I've seen brainstorm and run numbers for new rotations for this patch with changes. I've seen all your work and suggestions in the PTS and I'm grateful for your time spent but since Bioware wants to implement these changes, we've got no choice but to roll with them.

Now í've seen posts where you gentleman have posted your 'best recommended' new rotations using the new ability timings, would it be possible to post them here? This is specifically for PVE. I'm trying to salvage this spec for HM ops and if the numbers aren't good enough or the new rotation too much of a pain, I've got to learn to use Carnage instead which I've not used before, been using Annihilation since I started the game. My skill level is slightly above average but I'm still not used to clipping Ravage, either I cut it off too early or too late :rolleyes:

Thanks all

P.S. I know theres a lot of negativity here and I understand but since the patch is incoming, we've got no choice but to play with these changes so I would like to try simply salvage the situation and play my class/spec.

Based on the last PTS patch as well as the notes from the preliminary 3.2.1 patch notes, you can find the rotation here. This is subject to change and further testing is required in many cases.

If you want to do Hms and don't want to be a burden to your group i suggest rerolling to range Dps/PT.

hey hey hey

30 second CD on a 10 second buff of +10% defense and +70% move speed to the entire raid is no joke.

Hell, if they could coordinate properly, I'd bring 3 sents into 16-man just for 100% uptime on Transcendance

If you want to do Hms and don't want to be a burden to your group i suggest rerolling to range Dps/PT.

This has been true since 3.0 launched.

hey hey hey

30 second CD on a 10 second buff of +10% defense and +70% move speed to the entire raid is no joke.

Hell, if they could coordinate properly, I'd bring 3 sents into 16-man just for 100% uptime on Transcendance

First off, as you know 16m raiding in this game is minimal at best right now.

Next, from a PvE perspective the Maras | Sents are unlikely to take the Relentess | Ardor Utility as there will be better options:

• Skillful
    • Cloak of Carnage | Jedi Enforcer
    • Cloak of Rage | Jedi Crusader
    • Brazen | Stoic

[*]Masterful

• Defensive Roll
    • Force Fade | Phantom

[*]Heroic

• Brooding | Contemplation
    • Cloak of Annihilation | Jedi Promulgator

This has been true since 3.0 launched.

First off, as you know 16m raiding in this game is minimal at best right now.

Next, from a PvE perspective the Maras | Sents are unlikely to take the Relentess | Ardor Utility as there will be better options:

• Skillful
    • Cloak of Carnage | Jedi Enforcer
    • Cloak of Rage | Jedi Crusader
    • Brazen | Stoic

[*]Masterful

• Defensive Roll
    • Force Fade | Phantom

[*]Heroic

• Brooding | Contemplation
    • Cloak of Annihilation | Jedi Promulgator

Well you can always just re-utility after building the centering while waiting for the fight to start, and turn that Brooding | Contemplation into Ardor | Relentless.

Also note that since speed bonus's dont stack, if you have 100% uptime on the speed boost from Transcendance/Predation, the only use of Force Fade | Phantom is the extra 2 seconds to its duration for the DR + the CC immunity.

Well you can always just re-utility after building the centering while waiting for the fight to start, and turn that Brooding | Contemplation into Ardor | Relentless.

Also note that since speed bonus's dont stack, if you have 100% uptime on the speed boost from Transcendance/Predation, the only use of Force Fade | Phantom is the extra 2 seconds to its duration for the DR + the CC immunity.

I know you can respec, but you are really grasping at straws here it seems :cool:

Thanks all

Hey there, I appreciate your constructive attitude and would like to help you out. I've teamed up with Oofalong a few times on Sentinel / Marauder issues, since our different approaches sometimes add up nicely: Him doing the professional calculations and analyses, me hacking the Dummy for ages to provide additional practical conclusions. That being said, I actually need the patch to go live to add something useful to the discussion.

I will be doing a number of parses with a non yet optimized rotation and check DPS/activation for each ability and analyze the space between dot ticks. From that I can determine an ability priority that is derived from DPS/activation and ability cooldown / dot duration. I will then work out a rotation that has those priorities in the opener and see if that can lead to a rotation that respects those priorities. I might then go back to the opener and reorganize it, if I think I have an optimized rotation that needs adjusting where stuff is placed in the opener. I will then shift around fillers in the rotation, to further optimize the sustained rotation.

This will take a bit of time and I will gladly share what I found out as soon as I've found out :-)

In the end this will probably not be much different from what Oofalong and Kwerty can tell you now, so you can very well go with their advice. Chances are, I'll be arriving at the same eventually :-)

oofalong : Thanks for that link and the Utility/Skill recommendations, something to think about closer to the patch release.

Ardarell_Solo :Good to hear but as always its good to have some different points of view, looking at them all then coming to a 'consensus' whats best . Please go on abusing the dummy, though it might invoke dummy rights for non-stop abuse :D

Notice I did say "I would like to try simply salvage the situation and play my class/spec. "

I got plenty of other classes I can play to a decent level like Merc, Sniper and Sorc etc but again, I just want to see if my Mara in Anni can still preform at the current live level. I'm already 5/10 for the current ops and yes I know ranged is easier but I'm in a more 'laid back' progression group and we play what we like.

Does PTS have a schedule or are only select individuals able to test? I seen the prelim notes. Has anyone tested things based on those?

The PTS is available to everyone. On the bottom left of your launcher you can open the launcher's setting and enable the PTS. However its only available at certain times.

Not all of the changes in the prelim patch notes have been tested by players on the PTS. The developers have reduced the internal cooldown on the RNG resource generation. The rest of the changes were in the final PTS build. The untested change means there should be more focus available (so less need for strikes) when the build goes live.