Can I say no ??

supershim

I am playing a trooper and leader of Havoc Squad now at lvl 36 and general Garza has told me to go to Balmorra to find this demolition expert ,Vic I think is his name, well I have been chasing him all over the place and in Sobrik he is supposed to blow up some signal jammers but doesn't and I have to do it for him ,while doing this I get him on a Terminal in an enemy base and he is a real ignorant git, I ask him to join Havoc squad as Garza told me to do. he refuses unless I do some soldiering for him and he then starts ordering me about , I'm the captain and hes a private so its not gonna work with us, can I refuse to let him join Havoc Squad or will that spoil the storyline.I was thinking I just leave Balmorra and tell Garza I didn't want him in the squad .

:rak_02::rak_02:

All that, and also...

If you don't take him, you can't do the mission at the end of Chapter Two, and this is the MOST awesome mission ever.

It's not the most awesome mission ever. That spot is taken either by Oasis or IA final mission on Tatooine. ;)

FWIW, Tanno Vik is a complete arse and I never used him at all until I realized they had achievements for X number of kills with each companion. I used him to get that achievement then left him parked in the hold of my ship.

Having high companion affection is critical for crafting, and Vik IS a good Armormech and (I think) Underworld Trader.... so I had to keep his affection high. But I did that by giving him gifts ---- in conversations, I was constantly slapping him down and he is the ONE holdout who doesn't cheer for my every decision like the others do.

Believe you me, if I could space him out the airlock (or court martial him) I would. Only companion I hate more is that pirate scum Andronikus (or something) with the Inquisitor (and also her only damned romantic interest)