Combat Support vs Armor Piercing for healer

I have looked through the passives for the healing tree, and have only found one that states it requires Combat Support Cell, which gives you a 5% damage reduction. Other then that it is a question of does 3% alacrity beat 3% increased healing. One lets you get slightly bigger numbers, the other lets you get skills out slightly faster.

The difference I would think would be marginal, and I may be wrong with my math, but I think 3% alacrity would give you more healing over time then a 3% increase in healing would (thought he difference was like .1% difference) however, if you already have a base alacrity, that 3% on top, sense it does not effect diminishing returns, would become more and more valuable. (for example, if you had 97% alacrity some how.... that 3% alacrity would compleatly remove cooldowns and channel time)

I have looked through the passives for the healing tree, and have only found one that states it requires Combat Support Cell, which gives you a 5% damage reduction. Other then that it is a question of does 3% alacrity beat 3% increased healing. One lets you get slightly bigger numbers, the other lets you get skills out slightly faster.

The difference I would think would be marginal, and I may be wrong with my math, but I think 3% alacrity would give you more healing over time then a 3% increase in healing would (thought he difference was like .1% difference) however, if you already have a base alacrity, that 3% on top, sense it does not effect diminishing returns, would become more and more valuable. (for example, if you had 97% alacrity some how.... that 3% alacrity would compleatly remove cooldowns and channel time)

You forgot SCG which is huge.

And your reasoning behind alacrity is flawed. The correct formula isn't t*alacrity but t/(1+alacrity) which changes everything. 100% alacrity would mean a 20s CD would become a 10s CD.

Edited by Ryuku-sama

Ah. yea, i am realizing now my math seems to be flawed in some way, as the % in alacrity wasnt taking the amount away from my skills as I thought it would (required more then 3% to realize this though) and diddnt realize the set bonus either. Thank you

Ah. yea, i am realizing now my math seems to be flawed in some way, as the % in alacrity wasnt taking the amount away from my skills as I thought it would (required more then 3% to realize this though) and diddnt realize the set bonus either. Thank you

Not just the set bonus ;) The whole SCG system ;)