Interested in opinion of folks who've played both Marauder and Juggernaut

ckoneful

My Juggernaut has been my main for quite some time, I use to tank for pve but since switching to DPS forever ago I've never looked back and I'm loving it. My question is, would I do "better" as a Marauder? Looking for personal opinions obviously.

Marauder vs Juggernaut...

Marauder Pros:

Dual Lightsabers

Flashy Animations

Force Camoflage

Bloodthirst

Marauder Cons

**** tier damage

Low Mobility

Situational DCD's

Crappy Utilities

Can't do anything but deal damage

If you wanted to switch from Juggernaut DPS to anything, i'd go with a Sorc or a Merc before a Marauder. Mercs are mobile one man armies with missiles as far as the eyes can see, and they can heal to boot. Sorcs are unstoppable death machines with the healing capabilities of a full out healer as a DPS. Juggernaut DPS is in a fine place, and is HM viable for Ops (IIRC) because they are more tanky than the rest of the Melee DPS classes and have access to some of the best utilities in the game.

Jugg is definitely the superior melee dps class atm. Sadly marauders got left behind the pack since 3.0 came out despite being in an excellent state in late 2.x and it will take a bit more time to get right. I do better dps on my venge jugg than I can in pretty much the same gear as my mara in Carnage and Fury but I still like be playing my mara especially in reg pvp. It's actually really sad the way maras have been treated since 3.0 came out because so many top tier raiders who mained the class have quit the game in frustration. Jugg dps is just so strong atm so it's the clear choice of the 2 warrior classes for endgame but you can still clear content and compete in pvp on your marauder, it'll just be heaps more challenging