Battlefront: Fighter Squadron mode

Nemarus

So the Battlefront devs indicated today that there will be a "Fighter Squadron" mode, that takes place on very large maps fit for dog fighting.

Still not true "space battles" (the maps are all in atmosphere), but it's nice to know there will be a mode where I can just spawn in a fighter without having to wait/race for one of a limited few. Even if the gameplay is nowhere as deep as GSF, it will be nice to have deterministic access to the cool ship models.

They have also said that controls for ships will be "Padawan friendly, but Jedi Masterable".

Sounds good, but it's all just words on a screen for now. The first part sounds like it will happen, but scaling from new players to masters is... I mean, you can make something with just a couple controls and claim that.

Sounds good, but it's all just words on a screen for now. The first part sounds like it will happen, but scaling from new players to masters is... I mean, you can make something with just a couple controls and claim that.

True, but even at this point, hearing that that is a design principle is reassuring. X-wing was a good example of easy to fly, tough to master. Power management was a big part of that.