Changes to Qyzen Fess

Anaesha

Honestly this is just stupid a Melee Tank using Aim really?

This comp seriously needs two thing done to him.

First is obviously he need his stats changed to Strength/Endurance like a melee tank should be

Second either change his main weapon or let him use multiple types of weapons like electroblades, vibroswords, etc. etc. because it ain't easy to find good techblades.

First is obviously he need his stats changed to Strength/Endurance like a melee tank should be

Second either change his main weapon or let him use multiple types of weapons like electroblades, vibroswords, etc. etc. because it ain't easy to find good techblades.

Ummm Trooper and BH tanks are melee tanks and use Aim... just saying.

Ummm Trooper and BH tanks are melee tanks and use Aim... just saying.

Technically all the troopers comps use Aim which also doesn't make sense.

Edit: It's like this because at one time certain comps that are now melee were originally ranged and BW didn't bother changing their stats.

Edit 2: I also noticed that the Companion tab under Skills no longer shows what proficiencies they have. :confused:

Edited by Anaesha

The only change I would make to Qyzen really is more cosmetic thing really and allow him to equip techstaffs? or whatever characters like Yuun use. I really like his "default" weapon as opposed to anything else you can get for him in the game I just wish it were upgradeable.

There is no such thing as "If he is melee then he uses strength only" in this game. A Vanguard Trooper and Powertech Bounty Hunter use aim too, they are in melee range too. So no changes are necessary if you don't want a substantial change in stats at the moment. ;)

There is no such thing as "If he is melee then he uses strength only" in this game. A Vanguard Trooper and Powertech Bounty Hunter use aim too, they are in melee range too. So no changes are necessary if you don't want a substantial change in stats at the moment. ;)

Although I think a melee tank using aim is retarded I can deal with that but having him only able to use techblades one of the least used and hard to find in adaptive weapons in the game is just a joke.

Almost feels like BW was trolling every Consular with that weapon choice. :(

He can also use Vibroblades

I found out the hard way that he cannot use Vibro/Tech Staves, however.

They made it harder to tell what they can use since 3.0 the comp skill window no longer shows proficiencies. :(

P.s. I found out he cant use electroblades the hard way as well now I have one I can't get sold if my life depended on it.

Edited by Anaesha

Almost feels like BW was trolling every Consular with that weapon choice. :(

I'm just entering Hoth on my Consular now, and I get the feeling that they didn't like Consulars much by the choice of companions:

I mean you've got the Wookie slaughtering hunter, the Tony Stark wannabe without the money, courage and charm, the psychotic murderous Twilek, and (I'm told) the spoilt rebellious child. I don't even want to know what other companion is going to be inflicted upon me.

Doesn't matter what the stat is called. They could call it "The main stat that is not Endurance" and the end result would be the same. As noted, PT and VG tanks use Aim without issue (not to mention every other Aim-based tank companion).

Get a moddable techblade and put mods in it. Upgrade mods as desired Done. You're simply annoyed you can't give him an axe or a Cathar honor sword (or whatever vibrosword you think is the "coolest' looking). Well, the better solution to that is for them to make tech versions of every vibrosword/blade and electrostaff. That way every Aim-based, melee-weapon-wielding tank companion can be as cool-looking as Broonmark, Bowdar and Khem.

Edited by branmakmuffin

I'm just entering Hoth on my Consular now, and I get the feeling that they didn't like Consulars much by the choice of companions:

I mean you've got the Wookie slaughtering hunter, the Tony Stark wannabe without the money, courage and charm, the psychotic murderous Twilek, and (I'm told) the spoilt rebellious child. I don't even want to know what other companion is going to be inflicted upon me.

If you are just entering Hoth, you are about to meet what other companion is being inflicted on you, and if you are female, it's the biggest troll of all.

They made it harder to tell what they can use since 3.0 the comp skill window no longer shows proficiencies. :(

P.s. I found out he cant use electroblades the hard way as well now I have one I can't get sold if my life depended on it.

If you hit [P] and pull up the abilities window that shows your abilities for both Class and AC, there is also a section for Companion which will list all of your currently selected comp's abilities and their armor, weapon and off hand proficiencies.

I know this works post 3.0 because I didn't start playing until after 3.0 was released.

But yes, Qyzzen's choice of weapons and stats are not terribly intuitive - particularly since there is no good explanation for the difference between a "Techblade" shaped like a staff and a "Vibrostaff"

They aren't going to change a companions default stat and screw over millions of companions in the game.

But yes, Qyzzen's choice of weapons and stats are not terribly intuitive - particularly since there is no good explanation for the difference between a "Techblade" shaped like a staff and a "Vibrostaff"

To split hairs, there is no such thing as a "vibrostaff.' Qyzen's first weapon is a techblade that looks like and seems to be wielded like a techstaff, and there are no other techblades I have seen in the game that look like a staff. The rest all look like 1-handed swords.

Referring to what someone had mentioned earlier regarding finding techblades, I found a solution to this problem myself a few days ago:

On one of the first commendation equipment vendors on fleet (Not level 7, but 11 or 14 or something like that) you can buy a techblade for like 6 comms. Take all of the mods out of it (less than 1k total cost) and put in level appropriate mods as he levels up. Problem solved. If this isn't good enough for you, that's not a problem worth changing an entire companion over.

And as far as the stats go, if he used strength would you really be happier? What difference does it make what the name of the stat that gives him the exact same damage/crit boost is? Even further, as others have mentioned, we already have melee tanks that use Aim.

I hope I don't come across as rude; I'm just trying to point out that you are mistaken.

Edited by TitusOfTides

If you are just entering Hoth, you are about to meet what other companion is being inflicted on you, and if you are female, it's the biggest troll of all.

right? who wants to date a....*cough* jokester. yeah...

:rak_03:

So I take it you think Vanguards should use Strength?

You know why he can't use vibroswords? CAUSE VIBROSWORDS HAVE HILT SPOTS

You don't know what you're talking about and you're literally blowing steam out your arse.

So I take it you think Vanguards should use Strength?

You know why he can't use vibroswords? CAUSE VIBROSWORDS HAVE HILT SPOTS

You don't know what you're talking about and you're literally blowing steam out your arse.

It would seem that neither do you. The reason Qyzen uses aim and is forced to use a weapon that uses a barrel instead of a hilt is because he was at one time a RANGED companion and BW changed him to melee but it would seem they didn't bother to change his stats hence why they had to saddle him with a weapon the used a barrel. HOWEVER, The mere fact that a techblade even uses a barrel in the first place is retarded as it is not a weapon that fires projectiles and therefore has no need for a barrel.

Trooper is a ranged class and last I checked uses a ranged weapon no matter what your AC choice is so yes they use aim.

Edited by Anaesha

He doesn't already have Strength/Endurance as his main stat? That's just weird. I agree though, he should be allowed to use more weapon types (maybe a quest to make him a Jedi and give him a lightsaber, like I could do in KotOR :p).

It would seem that neither do you. The reason Qyzen uses aim and is forced to use a weapon that uses a barrel instead of a hilt is because he was at one time a RANGED companion and BW changed him to melee but it would seem they didn't bother to change his stats hence why they had to saddle him with a weapon the used a barrel. HOWEVER, The mere fact that a techblade even uses a barrel in the first place is retarded as it is not a weapon that fires projectiles and therefore has no need for a barrel.

Trooper is a ranged class and last I checked uses a ranged weapon no matter what your AC choice is so yes they use aim.

A techblade kinda needs a barrel slot as having a hilt slot would be stupid. Who would put one of the 4 hilts in on a Aim user?

Furthermore, the range of a Trooper is irrelevant - Trooper is not an AC. Trooper has a choice between Vanguard and Commando. That is 50/50 between range and melee. Additionally, only two Advanced Classes in this game use Rifles - Operatives and Vanguards. BOTH ARE MELEE. Well, except for heals. So 5/6 of the rifles in this game are melee. I don't understand how you can claim a Trooper, which only has proficiency for a Rifle, uses a ranged weapon.

Edited by mbfhl

Other melee companions that use Aim. Spoiler tags just in case.

SCORPIO

Skadge

Do you want me to continue? Okay, you asked for it.

Akaavi Spar

Torian Cadera

Yuun

Tanno Vik

Edited by Halinalle