removing/adding higher level mods on low level characters

BrianDavion

So a friend was sleepy and derping and accidently removed some mods from legacy armor on a low level charcacter. (including peices of her raid gear and her PVP gear) apparently the game restricts you from putting mods higher level. this means she has to level that char to level 60 to get the stuff back (thank god for 12x XP)

she did contact a GM and apparently it's more or less working as intended. and I can understand the reasoning behind this (so that we don't make our armor unwearable by trying to slide high level mods in it) but at the same time this has shown to have some negitive and no doubt fully unintended concequences that SHOULD be easy eneugh to fix by making us unable to REMOVE mods of a higher level from armor.

so yeah, there ya go. not really a bug per say but very much a issue I felt the dev team could stand to be made aware of, as this strikes me as very much a case of missing something

Interesting, never heard about this but this can certainly be called a bug. The system for installing mods was created way back during the beta before they introduced legacy. At that time, restricting you from putting in high-level mods was a reasonable design decision but now with legacy gear widely available, that decision should be rethought.

With SWTOR's low budget and so many more prominent bugs, I don't think this justifies the cost to fix it. Nevertheless, +1 on this bug, please fix it if it does not require too many resources. :)

Edited by Jerba