Republic/Imperial Containment Officer Gear - Rakghoul Event Social Gear

MasterAtin

As I was scrolling through the many achievement lists in the legacy panel, looking for a possible legacy title few other players have, I came across the "Sharp Dresser" title. That looks kinda cool. Fairly easy to get too. Just buy a bunch of social gear (Current toon is at max social), get the achievement for said set of gear, then sell it back.

Pretty simple, easy, and affordable.

Well, not really. I got the the Republic Officer Containment Gear and I immediately recognized it. I have no idea where to find it. I am also very confident it is no longer available to be purchased. With these new rakghoul events, I cannot believe that this gear is no longer available. Why on earth would Bioware have an achievement that cannot be completed no matter how much coordination, time, effort, and strategy you put forth.

In short, it's an impossible achievement to obtain the gear set (nowadays it is) unless there is a hidden vendor that sells it. I haven't seen it. I might just make a ticket and ask for the gear. Straight up aha.

As I was scrolling through the many achievement lists in the legacy panel, looking for a possible legacy title few other players have, I came across the "Sharp Dresser" title. That looks kinda cool. Fairly easy to get too. Just buy a bunch of social gear (Current toon is at max social), get the achievement for said set of gear, then sell it back.

Pretty simple, easy, and affordable.

Well, not really. I got the the Republic Officer Containment Gear and I immediately recognized it. I have no idea where to find it. I am also very confident it is no longer available to be purchased. With these new rakghoul events, I cannot believe that this gear is no longer available. Why on earth would Bioware have an achievement that cannot be completed no matter how much coordination, time, effort, and strategy you put forth.

In short, it's an impossible achievement to obtain the gear set (nowadays it is) unless there is a hidden vendor that sells it. I haven't seen it. I might just make a ticket and ask for the gear. Straight up aha.

The original containment gear, bot h republic and imperial, are no longer available, nor is the sand people armor from the Gree event. IMO, there is nothing wrong with this. Yes, this means that some people, myself included, will never have that "sharp dresser" title. I was playing at the time, but did not have a republic character at a high enough level to obtain the armor and I did not like the sand people armor from the Gree event.

The achievements were added after those events.

We still have complaints from people who claim to be completionists, and who want to claim you had to be psychic to obtain those armors. If they were TRULY completionists, though, then they would have obtained those armors for no reason other than they were available and part of a limited time event.

Sharp dresser is an ACHIEVEMENT and a rather difficult one to achieve. Those players that have it, deserve to have that achievement left exactly as it is. To remove those armors from the achievement, or to make them available again, would cheapen the achievement.

Playing a game, or even paying to play a game, does NOT entitle a player to everything that ever was in the game, that is currently in the game, or that ever will be in the game.

I see what you're saying and I do agree. However, there can be exceptions. Though rare I might add. For instance, lets say that the original event where these two types of gear were offered for sale lasted a week. Lets also consider that a player (or several) were planning on getting the containment gear.

That being said, they experienced technical difficulties regarding internet and/or connecting to the servers and playing the game. They had every intent and put forth every required resource to get these sets of armor, but due to unforeseen circumstances, they were prevented.

In my case, when this event launched, I was still new to the game and didn't realize that there were "events". I had absolutely no idea what was going on. In this case, I think it's simply unfair and a major inconsistency to allow all other achievements to be completed except these two. It makes little sense when I look at it that way