Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

The number one thing that needs to be done about loot.

SilverScreemer

It is vitally important that there be a trade window for soulbound loot. Whether it be an hour, thirty minutes, or five minutes, if the wrong guy gets the loot, and wants to give it to the right guy, he should 100% be able to, assuming he hasn't equiped it or modified it or something.

Yesterday i was doing hammer station. Some blue cunning gloves dropped and being an IA, I got them, only to discover I already had them. I wanted to give them to a guy that had companion that could use them, but they were locked onto me already.

And yes I know this could lead to people needing on loot and then "selling" it back to the rightful person or something. I don't think that would be too big of a problem though.

So yes, make a trade window, so there isn't so much potential for loot drama.

I am in total agreement with this. Either make all loot bind on equip not pickup or give us a trade window. There have been a few instances where I have rolled on gear I simply had no buisness rolling on. Here's an example of how this happens very easily. In the middle of a fight, boss dies but ads are still comin, people click ckick click clikin maybe aoes on an area, maybe force in balnce and the loot gets clicked, the window pops on your screen but your fighting and have very little time orpatience to be mousing over something to read when you need to keep clearing mobs....see how it's very very easy to get loot you can't use that perhaps someone else could have? easy fix, make it all bind on equip or give us a few moments trade window.

What you propose is 'nice to have' but definitely not 'vitally important' imo.

Agreed. I rather the devs to spend time on creating content or fixing bugs than wasting it on makin the game more idiot proof.

Edited by LordJestR

No, everything being BOE would be about the worst thing.

You elitists and your "Just shut up and be flawless and perfect at all times, oh and make sure everyone else is too!" Attitude is almost as bad as the make everything BOE guys. This is an important feature that needs to be implemented immediatly, not shoved behind a content update.

If someone rolls need on something the entire guild agrees you should have, even by accident, he should have the option of correcting his mistake. WOW figured this out years ago.

I just don't want this game to take years too. It is a problem now, should be fixed now. And guess what? If you do loot right 100% of the time, awesome, don't use the feature. No one will force you to.

I like to know it's there. And ninja to trade, this would not be discrete. All trades would be party announced. So the group would know and react accordingly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.